Quadratec Needs

• Quote from "MellowYellow"

they may drive it on the street..but DMV codes state otherwise...its all politics

How so, the tires are totally covered with flares that are same size as yours...Delaware is much diff than the PA you are used to..the trucks inspected so i guess its not illegal.. :wstupid:

• Quote from "MellowYellow"

they may drive it on the street..but DMV codes state otherwise...its all politics

Uhm - actually NO. DMV codes state that a vehicle registered over 10,000 GVWR does not have to conform to the same 30" bumper height standards (amongst other laws).

It's legal and has driven through inspection as it sits... Last I heard he did some hydraulic steering since the adjustable airbag setup would cause off-center steering wheel issues etc...

Not sure if its streetworthy anymore as I have not seen it on the road in ages...

• Quote from "jeepartie"

see it quite regularly. sits on 52" michelins now. it's one hell of a show truck

And that custom built suspension is pretty bad-arsed too!

If I remember right, they used joints from a tag axle on a big dumptruck for the control arm ends...

:)

Overengineering at its best.

Did he ever put a banks kit on the truck? Also, I seem to recollect he had not re-geared and had some tranny problems, but I dont know what he did to solve those issues...

--Randall

• Whoever came into chat.. did you get ahold of Bear?

-Rick R<br />-Quadratec Online Community Coordinator<br />-&#039;15 JKU - &#039;98 &amp; &#039;01 Pontiac Firebird Trans Ams - &#039;03 VW Golf Turbo Diesel<br />FDNY 9/11/01 - We will never forget our fallen brothers

• Quote from "jeepartie"

see it quite regularly. sits on 52" michelins now. it's one hell of a show truck

that ting is a disaster waiting to happen.even just for street use 52 inch tires are not safe on one ton axles.

• Quote from "travis"

that ting is a disaster waiting to happen.even just for street use 52 inch tires are not safe on one ton axles.

Not Safe? Or just liable to break? There is a difference :) If he still has the stock rear axle, he's got the stirling 10.25" full floater I believe. I doubt that he's going to be snapping those axles with normal street use - ESPECIALLY if its stock gearing :) On the other hand, not sure how he even gets moving with stock gearing - granted its an automatic, but...

At the end of the day, if he was breaking rear axles all day long Im sure he'd seek to replace it...

As for the strength, I heard he broke a front axle hub just getting it stuck in mud back when he had 44" boggers, let alone today. I doubt it's even usable in 4wd really, but at least he still has the front driveline connected :)

• Can we please stop bickering and get back to topic at hand. We still need a truck.

• You can call 1-800-cut-tree. That's Gallo Tree service. The guy that owns the company has a huge F350. It's always parked on Brackenville Rd. in Hockessin

• Quote from "zachv"

I guess you can't use a 2002 Dodge Ram 4x4, huh?

yes we can as long as its lifted...we just need to get a listing together so we can contact you(anyone) for a photo shoot when needed.

• 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 with the Cummins engine. It is lifted 2" in the front to level out the truck, but looks bigger. Currently has 285/75R16 tires, but can fit the 35" tires. Green with silver bottom and a green fiberglass bed cover. Nice truck.
    Let me know if I can help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!