Anyone available Sun to do a YJ lift?

• I have been trying to organize a good time to put my lift on and I am open on Sun. Sat I have to go some places, but I can leave my jeep home if I have to. I am getting very discouraged because my lift has been in my garage for weeks and I need help to put it on and I also want to be able to learn so I can help others. If anyone is available or need questions answered you can pm me. (this subject is also kind of tied into the YJ lift Please one halfway down the page). thanks :question:

93 YJ 5spd w/ 4.10s, 3.5&WCF_AMPERSAND" black diamond suspension lift, 33&WCF_AMPERSAND" BFG all-terrains, crager 397s, alpine mp3 head unit and amp, 4.0TB, K&amp;N air intake<br />2008 Commander Rocky Mountain Edition 4.7 V8 (no mods yet, but prob soon)

• hey mel what all do you have for the install.

do you have new shackle bolts.
    do the lift springs have ther bushing in them or do we have to take the ones out of the old ones.
    do you have new u bolts and nuts

how tall are you going.

the reasonm I am asking is casue I am tring to figure out what all has to be done and if it is going to be a day job..... more than likely if you have new shackle bolts and the spring bushing are in the new springs all ready we can do it sunday. I am going to try to get most of the rti ramp done this weekend but I think we can fit you lift in also. that is if you want to drive to dover

• If it winds up being Sunday, I'm around to help (so far, anyway). I'd be glad to help, and I'm in Dover, too. It would also give me a chance to talk wiring with Tony.

DrJ (usually has beers with him...)

• I am willing to drive to dover on Sun. Kevin(UrbanCrawler22) will be able to help out also. I am not sure about all the mechanical questions,but I will check and what I can tell you is she is a 93YJ and my lift is a 3.5 black diamond.

93 YJ 5spd w/ 4.10s, 3.5&WCF_AMPERSAND" black diamond suspension lift, 33&WCF_AMPERSAND" BFG all-terrains, crager 397s, alpine mp3 head unit and amp, 4.0TB, K&amp;N air intake<br />2008 Commander Rocky Mountain Edition 4.7 V8 (no mods yet, but prob soon)

• Da Mutt, here are the answers to your questions

no shackle bolts(not positive but dont think they came with the kit i will check it out tomorrow and let you know forsure.

lift springs have new bushings

has new ubolts and locking hardware

its 3.5" lift

-kevin

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• sure would be great if you had new ones cause then we could just cut the old ones out instead of having to beat the piss out of them to get them out. have you been spraying the bolts with pb blaster to try to get them loosened up.... anyway what you doin with the old ones I know bbd is looking for a set and I am always looking for extras....

• I'll volunteer a garage. I have some tools, but no power tools or compressor. My guess is this'll be at Tony's? Need anything?

DrJ (...HEY CHRIS!!! LONG TIME!!! WHERE YOU BEEN?)

• yeah we can do it here. I have a 2 carge garage. air compresor, grinders sawsall. everything we should need to do the lift.

• from super walmart in dover go south. at first stop light after walmart (there will be a happy harrys on the right and gas stations on 2 corners)turn left. go to the second road on the right and turn right(you have just passed poly tech high school)you are now on millchop lane. go to stop sign and make right. you are now on peach tree run road. go .5 miles and you will come up a little hill and come out of the woods make the first right. and then about 50 yards later you will make the first left this is winding wood rd. I am the only house on the right side of the road with agreen roof and ofcourse DaMutt is sitting there along with the burb and 3 other cars

as far as times I guess around 9 would be good we might need all day to get it done.

feel free to bring the wife and kids guys the wife and my kids will be here and I am sure that she would like the company and there is a large yard for the kids to play in...

link to maps
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288544633

• You guys are the best. I will bring food and drink, if anyone has anything specific they want let me know, otherwise I will see you all on Sun at 9 :rollsmile:

• sounds like you have enough people to do two lifts. maybe i should bring my unlimited and the new ome kit the ups man delivered today.... just kidding. going to try and tackle it saturday morning, now i can actually join deja and hit the trails with all of you.

• You didn't need a lift to join, just a Jeep. One of the great club activities is a wrenching party. If I had a lift kit to install, I'd join, post it, and have everyone over to help. Not that you might not be able to do it yourself, but what fun is that, when you could have ten or twelve new friends with experience show up with tools? I know... I did, and I know my Jeep much better now.

DrJ

• Hey let me know if you need new shackle bolts. I believe I have my RE bolts and shackles from the 4.5EX kit. Never used. They are the greaseable type also. I might even have some bushings. I'll be around all day working on my gear and locker install.

Bry

• Quote from "B2hi"

Hey let me know if you need new shackle bolts. I believe I have my RE bolts and shackles from the 4.5EX kit. Never used. They are the greaseable type also. I might even have some bushings. I'll be around all day working on my gear and locker install.

Bry

If she doesent need them ......I could use new bushings / bolts
    I broke a spring and need to do a replacement.

Mel Sent you a PM

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!