Anyone available Sun to do a YJ lift?

• I have those same wheels marked in the catalog and laying around the house open...my b'day's coming up! If you don't mind posting... how much were the wheels and did you get them locally?

DrJ. (...only 31's though, dammit!)

• Looks good. Sorry I couldn't stay and help. I heard you had plenty anyways. I'm shocked you didn't have to use any of the parts I dropped off. Must have been easy going.

• Quote from "DEJeepman"

As the new guy to the association, I just join this month, I would like to thank Tony and the guys (+ Mel and Tony's wife) for letting me hang out Sunday afternoon and get lift educated. As a motorhead wanna be I really appreciated the opportunity. See you all on Sunday....

he man not a problem wish I would have takent he time to stop and talk some more. there willbe tons of opurtunites to learn in the future

• Quote from "DrJ"

I have those same wheels marked in the catalog and laying around the house open...my b'day's coming up! If you don't mind posting... how much were the wheels and did you get them locally?

DrJ. (...only 31's though, dammit!)

I think you were asking Mel but I'll chime in anyway. I ordered them from Q'tec. They are backordered but they said that the rims were already in the mail to Q'tec form teh supplier.

• Quote from "Da Mutt"

he man not a problem wish I would have takent he time to stop and talk some more. there willbe tons of opurtunites to learn in the future

If I get some time this week I'll stop by after work and see if I can lend a hand on the ramp. I saw you got the wheels on it after I left Sunday.....nice work. :up:

• I got my wheels from Quadratec and mine were backordered too, but they actually came before my lift kit :hmm: .

93 YJ 5spd w/ 4.10s, 3.5&WCF_AMPERSAND" black diamond suspension lift, 33&WCF_AMPERSAND" BFG all-terrains, crager 397s, alpine mp3 head unit and amp, 4.0TB, K&amp;N air intake<br />2008 Commander Rocky Mountain Edition 4.7 V8 (no mods yet, but prob soon)

• Yes, she will get dirty,but don't worry I won't run into any trees like a certain person. :suspicious:

93 YJ 5spd w/ 4.10s, 3.5&WCF_AMPERSAND" black diamond suspension lift, 33&WCF_AMPERSAND" BFG all-terrains, crager 397s, alpine mp3 head unit and amp, 4.0TB, K&amp;N air intake<br />2008 Commander Rocky Mountain Edition 4.7 V8 (no mods yet, but prob soon)

• Doh! Yeah that sucked. Speaking of trees I just hit one a couple of weeks ago at camp jeep. Slid down a steep hill sideways into my rocker panel, windshield frame, antenna. So I would say rocker guards would be a good investment. Also, I'm not sure you will have to worry about any of this stuff, but you should probably get one anyway, a steering stabilizer to help with bump steer. If it real bad a drop pitman arm, but I don't think that is necessary (plus they are a real pain in the butt to change). If you notice a driveline vibration a transfer case lowering kit may help a little. But I think you should be okay since your under 4 inches.

• her yj has had no bump steer problems and absolutely no vibes either, the tcase drop seemed to work just fine, i hope her springs settle more i hate parking in the drive way next to hers it dwarfs my TJ with a 4" lift haha.

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

i hate parking in the drive way next to hers it dwarfs my TJ with a 4" lift haha.

hey, thats just another excuse to go bigger.... :rollsmile:

• There is nothing wrong with a girl having a bigger jeep than you. It just means the bigger they go the cooler they are. Of course I would avoid parking next to it if your selfconscience about it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!