(UPDATED) 1" Body lift install advice

• I am putting a 1" Performance Accesories body lift in tomorrow (saturday 7-31) on my 4 banger TJ. Does anyone have any hints on making the install easier? The only "hard part" I see looks like the transfer case relo bracket...

• yeah they are a fairly easy thing to do you should be all right jujst take your time and dont ift the sides up to high and drop the tub.. :wavey:

• Loosen all bolts but do not remove them. Use PB Blaster on all bolts.

remove all bolts on one side and the front bolt.
    jack the body away from the frame on that side.
    install spacers and new bolts. do not thghten

Repete process for the other side.

Now tighten down all bolts.
    Hope you did not forget to install the grill bumpers.

there are 11 bolts
    one in front
    three along each side 6 total
    2 on the crossmember inside the rear wheels ares
    2 at the back bumper

For 1" you mat not need to change much for the auto tranny you mat need to adjust the linkage.

• Quote from "Nooch13"

Got it...The lift itself is in. Looks good, and it came with a fan shroud kit. I am taking a lunch break, then on to the transfer case linkage...Is the write up on http://www.4x4xplor.com/bl.html a good write up as far as doing the transfer case linkage?

I'd wait and see if you need it. Some do, some don't.

• Well, I did it anyway, it went in really smooth. I even grinded the bracket like recommended on that write-up I linked last post. I am running out of mods to do! I think I will do skids next, then 488's, from there I am not sure...

• OK, for everyones reference that does this mod later on, listen to Keith C's advice. Wait and see if you need that relocation bracket for the transfer case linkage. Even when you modify the bracket, they still clunk and make all kinds of noise on acceleration. I took mine off today and everything is noise free and working fine to include shifting on the fly and 4 low. Thanks for the advice Keith, I should have listened!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!