light troubles(STILL!)

• i am having a problem with my two hellas on the front of my jeep. I switched them on last night on the road to my house and they flicked on then went out mysteriously, :shrug: i looked at all of the wires this moring and everything looks fine my switch light is still glowing so that means that the power is still getting to them so could it be a blown bulb? only had them like 6 months and don't use then that much. I would really like to get them working today cause i am off and i won't be off again or have time to fix them for like 2 weeks. HELP!!!

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

Edited once, last by ().

• it was the fuse for the wire harness on the lights picking one up in like 10 min.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• no idea i think some water got in behind the dash i have had water drip on my feet since i bought it every time it rains and even sometimes the day after i want to fix the leak but i am not sure how or if i can even do it.

• ok this is beginning to be a PITA, i am blowing fuses every time i try to put them in i tried a higher fuse and i am still haveing problems this sucks i hate not having these lights. any one have an ohm meter and know about electircal stuff and does any one have the diagram from their hellas so that i can find out how they are wired and retrace everything i would really like to get this taken care of soon.

• Hey I have an ohm meter and some experience give me a call and let me know when we can meet up. cell# 359-9068 and thanks again for helping with my lift

98 TJ 5.9L, RE 4.5 SF, 35s, 4XDoctor Rocker Guards, AA SYE, Tom Woods DS
    2012 JKU 3" lift 35s

• i am going to be in the dover area tomarrow i will call in the morning before i leave maybe we can meet up if not it is cool i will see if da mutt can help me tomarrow night if we have free time.

• you prob have a chafed wire somewhere check whwer it goes through firewall or grill if not there follow each hot wire till you find it ohm meter prob wont be much good as you already know you have a short

• but we may be able to narrow it down to either a left or right hot wire, the relay's pickup line, or something within the switch.

oh, and chris...DON'T EVER USE A HIGHER RATED FUSE THEN THE FACTORY AND/OR LIGHT MANUFACTURER RECOMMENDS!!!! they recommend a certain size for a reason - higher ones may allow the wire to heat up before the fuse blows - causing fires inside the jeep or under the hood.
    chris

• ok cool so we can get it done to night

• fixed it it turned out that two of the wires where switched on the little black box so it was blowing fuses, we fixed it and then put a slotted fuse in and got rid of the glass tubing.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!