Posts by Diablo

it only happens once when I first start up then its ok and no check engine light. is there a way to diagnose the problem?

When mine died, no check engine light came on. It was so bad that I had to get it towed to the shop. They didn't think anything was wrong with it because of the no check engine light and they had gotten it started fine (with a little bit of gas pedal action). They had to call me to ask me what the heck it was doing. They figured it could be the TPS (not sure if they tested it or anything) so they pulled it. It was pretty melted. Apparently it's very easy to pull. They replaced it for free for me for that reason. I'm sure you could check it yourself, you'll know if it's going on you or not by looking at it unless it's an internal defect.

I started noticing it when I ran the 1/4 mi. at Wharton and was having a really hard time getting the Jeep to go. Once I was out of the mud it was fine so I didn't really think much of it. The Jeep made it all the way home and on a few other trips. I parked it over night (by then I realized it was having some issues) and that was that, had to call the tow truck the next morning.

The fee for a Jeep Jamboree includes two days of access to the trails (sometimes private property not otherwise available for wheeling), experienced guides, chances for their free drawings, and a couple of souvenirs. The standard fee (usually $250-$275) also includes most meals. Their new "trail only" fee (about $200) excludes meals. You must provide for your own accomodations, either camping or hoteling.

I have attended a couple of Jamborees (in the Adirondaks and in Maine). In my opinion they were worth it. I got to ride trails that are not otherwise open to off-roading, and met a bunch of new people. They are especially good for new jeepers and for unmodified jeeps. I still hope to do a few more as vacations, maybe in Colorado or Texas, but not near home.

I would tend not to recommend the Jamborees near home, like Paragon and Pine Barrens, because our club has trail rides there that you can do for a heck of a lot less money and with people you already know. Paragon also has open rides each month for individuals -- check their website.

Agreed. I did Wharton last year which was an absolute blast and I met a ton of cool, new Jeepers, but for how much you spend you may as well save it. It's worth it only if you go somewhere you've never been before.

I'm running two 12s in my XJ. I got them last black friday for 130 bucks with the amp and all (it was either Circuit City or Best Buy). All I have to say is watch out and make sure you have a decent alternator and you may have to get a capacitor. Wiring is also very expensive. Wiring alone cost me almost another $100. I got a deal on my capacitor though (3 farad w/digi display for $65). My alternator isn't handling it too well so before I sell the Jeep I'm going to pick up one that throws out more amps. Lastly, make sure you get a big enough amp or you'll be wondering why your subs don't hit as hard as you want them to (you may need two amps or one decent sized one) since they may need to power more than just the subs. I know that I wish I would have just gone with one decent sub and a decent amp. Probably would be better off with that setup than what it currently has. Good luck!

Wish you had the money to spend on this...

http://www.offroadtoystore.com…-5200&Category_Code=33Eng

I'll be doing that in my TJ. Can't see them in the Jeep (security to an extent). :) Don't know if the seat will still be removable, but I'm sure you can rig it to work that way.

Yeah, that same day with the 350 when the handle got stuck they went to release it and popped a guy good in the arm with it. He went dancing around and looked like he was going to cry. :laughing:

Don't like mounting it to the outside of the vehicle or even using one for that matter.... Recently I have been carrying a floor jack on trail rides and I have yet to run into a spot where it wasn't the first jack of choice.... Before that I carried a 3 ton bottle jack and that was usually the choice before the hi-lift... Check out the jack in this pic..... and then you will see another good reason not to carry it outside

Yeah my jack has never been used off road. We used it to jack up a 06 F350 running a nice amount of lift and big tires. The truck fell off of it then the handle got stuck. They don't seem all to great to me so I probably won't ever use it if I can help it. It's there for emergency use only. :)

I wouldn't mount the high lift outside. Not only will it rust and be unusable when you need it but you run the chance of having pieces vibrate off. That happened to a guy at Rausch Creek last June. He was hung up on a rock and when we removed his highlift from his front bumper, we found a part (cotter pin I think) was missing. Fortunately we had another high lift.

I never thought about that! Good point. I don't like the fact that other people can mess with it if they choose to either. :spinrhead:

Yeah my TJ does the same thing. I have yet to fix it because I keep TJ in the garage now and it doesn't happen anymore. I tried to fix ZJ's problem, but it's too hard to get into the intake drain to clear it. It's covered now and will have to wait. That is what it sounds like her problem is though.

i've heard great things of the vision plus, but I currently have a set of silverstars...great lights.

Yeah the silverstars are awesome. I have them running on the TJ, XJ, and ZJ. They are brightest on the TJ for some reason though. May be the way they are aimed.

Would the amps fit under the rear seats? Or does that interfere with folding the seats down? ??? My amp is mounted to the back of my box and my capacitor is mounted to the back of the back seat so I don't know too much about mounting stuff elsewhere.

I used the same supplies, but did it a little differently. I wanted to be able to access through the rear easily, so I mounted the jack up higher, hanging down from the roll bars. It was still easy to access, but well out of the way of everything. I'll look to see if I have any pictures...

Most important, keep the jack out of the weather so that it will work when you really need it.

Eh, I didn't put mine up higher because people actually ride back there sometimes. Plus I rarely access anything from the rear since that tire carrier is a pain to close. I'll have to see how you mounted yours. ;D I'm with you on keeping the jack out of the weather even though most people wouldn't agree.