Posts by KnoxRents

My JK has had a rough 10 years and is getting relegated to being a beach buggy so I picked up a Jeep Trackhawk.

No I'm not getting the 1000 HP upgrade before Stafford harasses me. :D This thing has been scary fast already. I'm also impressed at how well mannered it is until you actually want it to go fast.

All in all, I haven't had a comfortable car in years so this is a nice change. (I'll still daily drive my TJ any day there is sun and warmth because that is still by far my favorite car.)

Is this for your YJ? I like the clean sliding surfaces for rocks if so. Much better than the sharp edges on mine. The front looks like the bow of a boat though so it's not great for a mall crawler as far as looks. Chick's dig boats though so you always have that angle to go with.

YO STEVE!! Long time my Trail Damage brother. Looking forward to catching up.

Any chance you guys will be at the mud run again this year? We have another group of delinquents attending. Text me or look for our tailgate if you are.

Lisel is a member as of today and wants in on the action.

Late to chime in...Just saw this thread. As Turtle and Jerry said, the AEV kit handles significantly better on road than stock but it's basically a mall crawler kit which is exactly what I wanted.

The RK setup would be a better trail option but I have no experience with the handling.

Don't bother with a shop alignment. I used a tape measure to do the AEV kit 80,000 miles ago and have zero issues with tire wear to this day.

Good luck.

The courses were definitely harder than I expected for a club comp. The expectations they put on the Class 1-2 vehicles made it almost impossible to finish and the only clubs to do well had Class 1-2 rigs that were on the edge of 3-4.

There were lots of rolls and flops so I'm glad we were able to keep everyone upright and Slowpoke was able to drive home.

1. Stafford, prob camping Friday, def Saturday
    2. dkirkley, camping friday/sat, 101/greens/blues
    3. Slowpoke
    4. Hagar The Horrible, Saturday. Greens/ blues?
    5. Kuntryboy816, Camp Fri/Sat - Blues/Greens/101
    6. Shorebird, Green/Blue/Black
    7. Imarammr+1 camping Fri & Sat. Blues/Greens/101/etc............
    8. Daddanelena
    9. altierior
    10. Formud maybe +1 Greens/blues
    11.TheDarkSide + nutrijeeper camping Fri and Sat. Green/blue/purple/black
    12. Jeepfan, camping, greens/blues/101
    13. JMack +1, camping, greens/blues
    14. Flutterby + Diva Child
    15. JKGray10 - Hard stuff - Camping
    16. AEZ - Camping
    17. KnoxRents with family. Hard stuff if I bring one Jeep. Easy stuff if Lisel drives the JK. Not sure yet.

Just in case I can't find the headsets, does everyone have a bluetooth headset for their phones. Worst case, the spotter can just call the driver and hands free blue tooth for the 10 minutes we're on course.

I forgot to get radios and headsets from Aaron before he left. I also think Stafford has most of the DEJA jerseys. No big deal though. I'll bring helmets and possibly radios.