Posts by GSE Nick

While the Gods of Weather were still in a good mood last week I got a chance to take off the stock bumper of the XJ & put up the Rocksolid bumper that's been in the shed since June (health reasons, not lazyness. . :) & got the drill busy mounting the 3k winch I got off Ebay for $70 new. Yep, new.
    Next, need to make a decision where to mount the lights...thinking of just next to the winch to form a 'beam' of sorts and keep them safe from the TrailTrolls by putting them underneath.
    Comments? Criticisms?

How many pound winch is that?

I know we still have a couple of weeks till the trip but i wanted to find out what route those going up on Saturday are taking. We live in West Chester, Pa and will be our first trip up there. I am sure we can make it there on our own but if anyone was coming through West Chester figured we could meet up and form a convoy. We still need to pay our RC membership so wanted to get there in plenty of time.

Mike

U can print the membership app off there site rc4x4.org. Will save u some time in the mourning.

All depends on what u want. U can grab lifetime guarantee from pepboys. Or u can buy the king dingaling ones off line and hopefully never touch them again. Kinda surprised to see your stock ones take a shit already. Then again I don't know what size tires u are running either. Post what your plans are build wise and what is done to your jeep now. Tire size etc. that will help people give u better advise. U wanna run 37s on a d30, we'll there not gonna last as long etc.

Or he can add a little more detail to his question and people can give him some real advice rather then telling him to just check everything and come back in a week or 2 when you still can't figure it our.

Gave him real advise. I wasn't being a dick. Said to look at his vacuum lines. Going over things first before posting shouldn't take a week.

And what's a rough ideal? Lol

I would start by going over it your self and start narrowing down the problem. Like poss a vacuum leak? Etc.

Example: if my tire was loosing air I would go look for a nail, if there was no nail I would spray soapy water on the tire, valve stem, the bead. Then if I was completely stumped I would make a thread and tell what I already tried )

on my 95 yj. everytime im at a stop my jeep will shake and sound ruff. was wondering what it could be and i have a 4 banger

We'll considering all that detailed info u gave us I'm sure we can figure it out.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

100% bad ass. "I wanna go fast!"

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

1) Stafford, black, possibly staying Friday night
    2) Keith_C +1, blues-mild blacks, day trip
    3) Whatevah, greens/blues, go up on Saturday
    4) Tngent, greens/blues, day trip
    5) Shorebird, blue/black, driving up Sat.
    6) I_Am_Dan, green/blue shakedown run with TJ, headed up Friday.
    7) Daddanelena blues/black
    8) JKGray10 +1, Hard Stuff. Possibly go up Friday
    9) Captain, Blues/Mild Blacks Day-trip.
    10) KnoxRents - Hard Stuff
    11) Stomper- blues maybe going up on friday and staying over night at camp comfort inn
    12) JKRanger08- blues/blacks
    13) NandosJK, blue/black
    14) 1991yj
    15) cj8, green/blue/mild black, maybe camping Fri and/or Sat.
    16) bfrank, green/blue/mild black, maybe camping Sat.
    17) Skeets682, blue\black, bringing the RV up on Friday..so maybe both nights.
    18) JeepSahara, blue/black
    19) Erock plus guest, blue/black
    20) Shadyluke, anything goes
    21) Gse nick, mild greens

They're blanced as best as they can be for a 37" mtr on a steel wheel but I usually always noticed a difference depending on the position of each tire and steering wheel shimmy. I went to Earl's tires on rt13 and they took there time to balance the tires as best they could.

U need to get them road for balanced. They will find out the best place on the rim for the tire. Did it with my 40s and it took the shimmy right out. Smooth as glass now

Didn't you already come to the conclusion that only a half dozen folks on here run that size tire? Seems that if they haven't been able to pony a spare up by now then you might want to widen your search to a larger forum :shrug:
    Good luck with your search - Chris.

Never crossed my mind. ::)