Posts by yankee19934

[size=3]This past week the jeep took a trip to the jeep dealership in Burlington. The timing was adjusted and I had them run through the censors, to find out why the jeep started hard and would run rough. It was found that there is no power supply to the computer when the jeep is off, so every time It started up it had to re learn the motor, so that’s why it started hard and ran rough, coil # 2 is failing, and for some reason all the BOSCH oxygen censors are stuck open… so I’m going to try some mopar oxygen censors and get a new coil pack, but so far it runs so much better than it ever did. Thanks again Willes Racine. [/size]
    [size=3] [/size]
    [size=3]Cj-[/size]

I had a rugged ridge brand SYE with tom woods shaft, at the same time my friend installed an advance adapters SYE, you can’t tell the two apart next to each other, and both lasted 4 years till I sold the case and he sold his jeep, my transfer case is in a Delaware club members jeep as well as the drive shaft, 6 years and counting, he is still driving it and the only thing it needed since was a seal replaced. Im sure you can also find a cheaper shaft than tom woods but they make a strong drive shaft.

Cj-

When my new 4.0 motor was built they expanded the oiling system by drilling the head and block, at idle it's about 20 psi any higher it's about 40-50 constantly.

My old 2.5 would be 5 psi at idle and about 25 psi when the squarrels were running as fast as it could, seams to be common and I was told running an desiel oil is better for jeep 4.0's, but have yet to hear or see anyone doing so.

Cj-

So all this week the jeep wouldent run, i have been problum solving and i think i found the issue.
    this is what i found:

the camshaft position censor had been loose, right before i pulled it the motor did run for about 4 min, simply amazing, new one comes in tomm, hopefully this is the only issue.
    Cj-

The inspector loves the jeep more than i do. :driving: his face lit up when i gave him the key.

Thanks
    CJ-

todays progress
    E- Brake

installed

exhaust finished w a downturn

turned the jeep into a clown car for inspection

it will be inspected tomm morning, i hope i missed nothing....
    Cj-

yup the mud flaps are for inspection, as well as the turn, back up, and every other thing i had to do to it this week, I have to install an e brake and then swap the tires to a skinny set and inspection should be good to go. I originally had a 3.5 in superlift on the jeep with 33's and loved the way it handled, but since the SOA swap, and extending the wheel base to 102'' i have been trying to equal the weight on the jeep in the front and the back, which is why i moved the batteries and tire to back, the club i ride with up here mandates a full size spare on the rig, which makes since because sometimes were a full days ride from help. with the tire and the gas+ batteries towards the rear with the addition of the 5150s the rear has become more stable and controllable, i was going to have the tire inside the jeep, but did not want to give up storage for camping stuff and tools, its all trial and error, ill see what works and if i need to change things, as of right now the only thing i cant stand is the spool in the rear.... this winter ill upgrade

How many sockets or random parts have you dropped down that giant drain with the huge ass holes in it? I would have covered that thing long ago.

none thankfully, i keep it covered with some cardboard, thankfully its easy to pull off if i do loose anything, what sucks is that since the building has settled its a little below grade, so anytime it rains water finds its way in

awsome jeep good luck on inspection!

Thanks!

Cj-

Today’s progress, all interior wiring finished, all gauges work and are hooked up, XM is hooked up, tomm back up lights, license plate lights, and odds and ends.

mud flaps, held on with a pin to be removed for the trail

the door panels

More to come,

Cj-

Looks like it has a hard top that is a half top, that looks cool. dident realize they make those. Or did the speakers blow off the front part of the top? sell all the crap off it and it looks like a clean jeep.
    Cj-

OK, this gives me pause, given this rig's history of chewing up axle shafts ...

Seeing how you have had the MT'Rs I would try something different and since it is a trail rig I would go with the pitbulls, although I like both those tires. I have enjoyed the pitbulls so far and they do drive well on the street. The pitbulls are also surprisingly quiet.
    its hard to choose, I would weigh the pros and cons of each.

Cj-

My vote- Pitbulls

Pitbull Rockers Bias do come in 35x12.50R15LT

BFG crawlers pack full of mud and are useless, they do good on rocks, i was suprised to see how well the new MTR's do, even though you don’t want to do mud, but the rockers have done well and there are quite a few jeeps in the Vt club that swear by the rockers for the best all-around mud, rock, snow, mixtures.... I’ve personally seen mickey Thompsons get ripped on the sidewalls with sticks on the trail, the tires were only a few weeks old..….

Cj-

nice build. when do you think you will get your inaugural test ride?

3-4 weeks. I ordered the spare and have a good bit of finishing to do on the wiring and small detail things. Everything takes so much time, and its the last two weeks of school .

I cant wait to have it finished, but refuse to cut corners

Heres whats left:

Half top resized

Make door panels

Mount oil cooler

Finish tailgate

Limit straps for axles, tire carrier, doors

Unclutter onboard air system

Wiring:

Tachometer

Speedo

seat heaters