Posts by jeep91yj

I personally can't stand the sliders because they don't open enough to get a lot of air inside but to each their own. Is your door just not lining up with the latch? You could always move the latch to wherever you want, that's what I did on my old YJ. Just a thought

There's a TJ budget boost for sale on the forums right now that would be perfect for what you want. Your jeep would look good with that and 33's IMO. You might need to re-gear then depending on what ratio you have now. Sorry to hear about the accident, gotta love the way some people think sometimes haha :bang:

A you drive a yj the jokes on you.

check my sig. there bud and learn how to read :doh: ...and i was telling you that it's a TERRIBLE idea to even try to mate an AX-5 with the 4.0 but hey go for it if you don't believe me, you'll find out soon enough :laughing: :bang:

So you want to bolt up a light duty AX-5 trans. from a 4 cylinder to your 6 cylinder? I would assume that you would need an adapter, but could be wrong. If you do it, set up a video camera, I want to see it break. :idiot: :doh:

Well, let me ask this is it worth the time and money regearing th Dana
    35 or should I skip the bs and just to the stronger axel now

I would Say definitely skip the BS and go with a 4.10 geared 8.8, then all you have to do is re-gear the front. Although I'm not sure about what gears you would want to go to with having an auto trans. and 33's maybe someone else will confirm that. If you do go with the 8.8, I would recommend getting brackets from here -->http://www.mountainoffroad.com/. There might be cheaper ones out there but MORE makes some solid stuff :up:

has anyone here done the 8.8 swap into a tj? and what r your o[size=1.35em]pinions[/size]?

It's pretty popular, I've helped 2 of my friends do them. It's tough, pretty much the same width, and also same bolt pattern. Should run you around $700-$1,000 to do it (axle, brakes, brackets, welding if you can't do it, etc.) What gear ratio do you have?

Keep in mind that a 4 inch lift on a YJ will need a slip yoke eliminator and new rear drive shaft. You might be able to get away with just a transfer case drop but you really won't know until you put it together and see if it has a bad vibration.

he should be fine, they give you a 1" t-case drop and some shims for the rear axle, i had to cut my shims in half though because they gave me the wrong ones :bang:

For being less than $500 it's a decent lift, I had it for about 2 years and had no complaints. Your Jeep will ride like a tank but what spring under YJ doesn't haha :doh: . Ran black trails at Rausch with it no problem :up:

Well today i mounted the rear alxe. The damn thing weighs a ton and is hard was hard to manuver, however its set in its place and is ready for welding. I set the pinion angle which seams steep but i dont think it will be an issue. Mainly becuase the NVG 241 OR rubicon case has a counter weight on it. I set the front axle up to have a 6 degrees postivie caster which means the lower ball joint is forward (right?) i also checked to makes sure it was stright relative to the frame, which it was and that each side was even. On the front the axle is 1/4 of an inch to the drivers side becasue of the casting of the housing, not much i can do about it, it is what it is, but the rear is perfect. tomm ill weld in the axles and bolt them up and mount the shocks.

Yeah you can say that again, not sure how I ever swapped those in and out by myself either. Loading them into your truck was also fun...haha :bang: . What are you doing about a traction bar? Custom? I planned on ordering one from M.O.R.E...I def. had a good amount of axle wrap with those springs :doh:

The rims are 16x8s Crager soft 8's with 4.5" of backspacing, I test fitted them tier perfect, their designed to clear the calipers on full size axles. I can't wait to mount the tires, when you get your new jeep and I get my heep finished maybe we should hit up raush creek.

definitely man, i can't wait to see yours all put together :up: . should have mine in the next 2 weeks or so