Posts by PacoPirate

Only used it one season... i have the viking top now so I'm sure I'll never use it again.
    Top was about 55 and the channel about 50....

I'd let them both go for $50......

Ping me if interested.... gotta be a stocking stuffer for someone....
    Granted, it would need to be a 5 foot long stocking...

I didn't really consider that.... It's bonus time and I can drop a couple bucks... If I can track a decent XJ down that may do the trick too... Thanks for the input.

I need a small SUV commuter... My 9 MPG beast is not ideal to commute from Middletown to Wilmington every day. I was looking at a liberty, compass or patriot.... Liberty seems to be where I am leaning...

I'm going to go used, and wondered if you guys had any opinion on them. I can't seem to want to buy anything but another Jeep....

So my latest personality trait from my 06 TJ is an irritating "thunk" when it shifts from 1st to second gear..... It's an automatic... It's not at all smooth.... I'm not sure it ever was really smooth, but it never sucked like this.... It gets better after it warms up... Almost like I was popping a clutch on a manual tranny.

I'm not much of a wrencher.... does anyone have any idea why it would do that?

I took a hiatus for awhile from the board... Real world stuff got in the way, and wow.. things have changed. Lots of updates to the website... Looks good.

? though... what happened to the galleries? Maybe i'm a dummy, but I can't find it... I'm sure there is a post out here in the 5000 or so I missed....

Anything else crazy happen in the past 6 months that was earth shattering? Did the club adopt a troop of hungarian midget circus performers or anything? Anything I should know about?

No, I'm not talking about the idiot at Rehoboth Beach...

My 06 TJ now with 45k on it is starting to give me some issues changing out of 1st gear... It's an automatic and it "thunks" out of first into 2nd less than gracefully... I stopped using it as a daily driver from M-Town to Wilmington... maybe it just needs exercise....

Thoughts on why it is now "jacked up"?

Trans fluid is ok... not changed but not low....

Just got back in.. lots of fun crawling around in the snow... However...
    Clean as a whistle under there... so that is not it either....
    Thanks for the input... keep it coming...

Yeah... reverse is good... tried to even move it when move both forwards and back slowly... didn't get that lucky.
    I had it adjusted when i put the body lift on. Actually got stuck on the beach first time out because it checked out on me then too...

Murphy's law...

So when it snows and I need it the most my Jeep gets jacked up... not right.
    I dug it out last night and took a .5 mile run after I put it in 4WD. no probs...

Today, it is in 4WD and won't come out... when out of the neighborhood and going faster than 25 I hear it making a high pitched whine... I turned around and parked it in the driveway again...

I'm not much on the mechanics... Anybody out there have a clue or a hint they can give?
    Home for the superbowl it seems....

Well my battery is about to go, and while I'm in the mood to replace it I was thinking about dropping a dual battery setup in my 06 TJ. I was thinking the painless wiring, a couple of optima's but was wondering how it fits in a TJ with AC. Do hoses have to move? I was looking at the smittybelt tray on Qtec....

I'm in lewes today... I went fishing yesterday but want to go tonight..
    Do you know if they let you out on the beach in the jeep after dark? is it sunrise to sunset like most parks...

Wow... ordered mine 5 mins after reading this... didn't know they existed... what an awesome simple idea.

How do they open, it that little lever on the side it? Just pull it and it flows?

I take it with the nipple you can actually push on a hose and run it right to a container...
    I might put this on all my cars... why not?

So the 06 Rubicon has 16" wheels and a Dana 44...
    Do they have disc all the way around?

Can you put 15" rims on it or do they not fit for some reason...

Tires are more expensive on 16" rims, so why go to them?

never understood how less rubber = higher $$.. kinda makes no sense...

Just curious what your reasoning for the tube doors are? Don't add any extra "protection" or anything...

What kind of crazy question is that? It's a jeep and must be fed...

I really like the $489 doors that got posted, they look bad a$$. I can't bring myself to drop that much coin on it. I think I may shoot to add the armrest I saw on them to the top of the Warrior doors...

I do miss the armres when the doors are off. Sometimes i forget, try to put my arm up and almost fall out the door... So I guess there is small safety factor there... Good for stoopid people who can't remember the door is off.