Posts by bfrank

I've had a remote start on two of my trucks. Both were installed by Audio Works in Newark. On my Civic I had a VIPER alarm with motion sensors also installed by Audio Works and that worked great. If someone walked right along side of the car and waved there hand near the window it would chirp.

Three Recommendations:
    One thing I would recommend is that you go with a "two-way" unit. The alarm will notify the remote when the engine is started. This eliminates the guess work and allows you to start your car if you are not in line of sight.
    Two that you ensure that the antenna is up near the rear view mirror this will make for good reception.
    Three make sure that they put the LED somewhere very visible. On both of my Dodge's I had the LED in the center of the dash up close to the windshield. This illuminated the entire windshield when the truck was locked.

One final note not all shops will install remote starts into 5-speeds. This is because in order to make it work they have to bypass the factory sensor that won't let you start the engine without the clutch depressed. I'm not sure if that is illegal or not but if you leave your Jeep in gear and try to start it you'll have one helluva mess.

i doubt anyone on the regular club run will want to do the easy-going stuff we're looking to do this time out. :-[
    besides, saturdays aren't good for him. :P

I am planning to go up on the 26th. This will be my first trip out with the Jeep :driving: and I am also planning not to break anything. I will be doing green/blues and if there is something that is to challenging I have been told that you can drive around the obstacles. That is my plan.

:bsflag:

Let's just see some pics!!! I don't care if they are in the parking lot of the shop rite. We just want to see your Jeep lifted.

With regard to fuel economy, the theoretical change in fuel economy as a result of the addition
    of oxygenates to gasoline is in the range of a 2% to 3% reduction in fuel economy. Existing
    research indicates that real world fuel economy changes correspond to changes in energy
    content. A 2% to 3% reduction in fuel economy equates to a less than 1 mile per gallon change
    in fuel economy for a car that averages 27 miles per gallon.

Well when i had the stock muffler on it I could go to ocean city which is about 100miles and make it with about 3/4 of a tank of gas. Now with the 40 series I get just under a half a tank..

I would think that there is probably something else going on. It might be your right foot. If you don't think that is it then there is probably something else going on. With better flow over stock you should get better MPG.

Now you need to find out why water got in there in the first place.

I think it came in around the spot where the wires go into the motor casing. Either that or there is a seal that doesn't seem to be sealed all that well. That could be it. But since there was a core charge I'll just be returning the old one to Autozone.

The new one is painted with some pretty think paint that looks to have sealed everything up so we should be fine. If not they have the warranty so I'll just take it back.

The junk yard wasn't open today. I called Autozone and they had one in stock. It cost me $84 but it works like a champ. I now have working wipers!!! With a motor that has a lifetime warranty. That is if I don't take it off road. That'll be our secret! :innocent:

Well after we got home yesterday from JFJ and I could barely see out of the windshield I decided that there was no way I would put off the inevitable any more. I took the cowl off. Someone had jammed an old drill bit in there. Cody told me that was to shimmy the motor and fixed it in the past. Well I tried moving the motor around that that didn't help; it was solid so I doubted that would do anything. But when I used a wrench to move the wiper arm then turn on the wipers the motor would sometimes start to move. The wires look very good and the connection was clean and solid. So I think that means the motor is bad. Yes? Ohh one other thing, we took the wiper assembly out and when I tilted it off to the side water came pouring out. I was thinking even if I let it dry out it's probably not going to work 100%. After yesterdays adventure not having wipers is not really an option.

Does anyone have any other ideas? I looked up pricing on the web for motors they are below. I am going to call Shuster's Auto Salvage in a few hours to see if they have one and how much it'll cost. But I am thinking that if a used one costs anything more then $30 then I might as well get the new unit from Autozone.

Auto Zone
    Unit: $83.99
    Core: $40.00
    Total: $123.99

Napa
    Price: $90.99
    Core: $27.50
    Total: $118.49

I have the M/T CLASSIC II wheels. When I emailed M/T about the discoloration and dull look I have they referenced the information below. I have not yet tried the steel wool and WD40 yet. I'm probably going to wait for it to warm up a bit before I try that..

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/tech.php?bulletin=t6