Posts by 2000sahara

The fuel pump assembly/sending unit is all one unit and is in the gas tank. There is a screen on the end that could get clogged. There is no actual fuel filter on a TJ. Couldn't hurt to throw some ignition parts on it. Cap, rotor plugs and wires are all easily done and would help rule out and ignition issue.

I did get a jeep Ed!!! :spinrhead: Picked up an 84 CJ7 with D44's, 383, th350, np205, and a glass tub. I am pretty psyched. There currently is no e-brake or cables on the jeep. It appears that the previous owner placed the calipers on the wrong sides (both bleeder valves are on the bottom). There is probably a 1/2 inch of play between the pads and the rotors. I have spent a few hours researching what the issue could be and it seems that it may just be a lost cause. I have tried to adjust them every which way from Sunday and i am having no luck. It seems that the pistons may be seized on both of them. So if i can get away with no e-brake, the calipers will be about a third of the price and then I don't have to run the cables....and I get to stay from the old Hell Dorado calipers which seem to be causing most folks a lot of grief. Any input is appreciated.

:up: I knew you'd be back! :mrgreen:

I had a great time as usual. Had some major knuckle failure but it was well deserved. Im guessing the 10 minute full throttle assault right before hand might have played a part in the breakage. We had Delicious cuisine, high speed driving, full throttle hill climbs, awesome recoveries, big fires and a bad ass 3 wheeler to rip around on (Not my Jeep), Id say it was a good weekend. I don't mind the late start since we can wheel till whenever we feel like stopping. I think the only reason we start early at Big Dogs is to get out on the trail and beat the masses. Rock run never has that problem as apparently we are some of the only jeeps that even go there. That being said I guess i can see the problem with a late start for those who show up late and leave early. :shrug: .

I snore like a train too so no worries.....the site are basically all big enough to fit a truck and trailer and have enough room to set up a tent next to it. If you have a quad or something, the place is full of awesome atv trails. Just right near the camp site there are plenty of hills and whoopty doos to mess around on. Im debating bringing my Honda ATC just for shits and giggles. :innocent: When we went up last year there was literally nobody else there, so i wouldnt worry too much about find a camp site. Its a huge area so space is not an issue.

Here are a few pics and videos from last year....You can sorta get the idea of how wide open the area is.
    http://www.delawareja.com/forum/index.php?topic=41131.30

I've been using 15 feet of soft line with barbed fittings and clamps for 7-8 years now with no problems. You just have to get high temp/pressure transmission hose so it doesn't swell and break down over time. Or get push lock style hose from summit or Benz which is just as good. Running the trans lines through the radiator then through the cooler is supposed to better if you plan to run the vehicle in the winter. However I've run coolers both ways with no issues.

I'm going to try a few of these. This guy seems to have the best method.

[youtube]

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/youtube]

I don't use a leash mostly because they get in the way and the coils would cause all kinds of tangles. I already hook enough crap in my kayak accidentally. If I was to use one, I'd probably just spend $10 and buy one. If I were to make one however I kinda like this one better, plus I'm sure I have dozens of old phone chargers around.
    http://palmettokayakfishing.bl…or-kayak-fishing.html?m=1

-Ed.
    Probably just jinxed myself and will lose $600 worth of rods soon.

Stripers action is hot on the Susky Flats, a buddy got into them yesterday, three inch Tony Asceta spoon with yellow feathers using an aggressive retrieve...... he released over 25 fish up to 38" :fishing:I know where I will be this weekend..... :mrgreen:

I was out on the susky yesterday bass fishing. Wind was ignorant, the flats had white caps.....