Posts by Beachjeep

I live in the Lewes, DE area and am thinking of buying some fog lights (KC) but I am not very technical and wanted to know if anyone knew of a shop in this area that you could recommend. Down the road I will probably get other stuff but the fogs are the first thing I want to get. Thanks.

Can I just buy replacement plastic windows for the sides and a plastic window for the rear of my TJ without buying an entire top. The plastic is scratched up pretty bad and it is hard to see out. Everything else is ok for now.

It stays warm a little longer at the beach and I am retired so the soft top will stay down for a while. I put the main top up and 1/2 door windows in when the wife starts complaining but thats no big deal. I do have a Honda S2000 so when we get those unseasonal days and the Jeep top is fully up I just pop the electric top on the S2K.

Tried the baby powder on the beach tonight. Works great and I smell good. Quadatrec is having a sale on Wet Okoles ($60 off the rear seat if you order the fronts) Ordering tomorrow. Price is closer to Coverking but quality seems much superior.

I would like to install front and rear seat covers on my 02 TJ. I take it to the beach and wet bathing suits, sand and salt air is not good for the original seats I looked into the Coverking Neoprene from Quadatrec but just want to purchase ones that are easy to install, waterproof and stay put. Any recommendations? Thanks.

L E X U S!!!!
    Be sure to get the ones that are winter grade. Have the lips to hold the water, sand, mud, etc.
    For the rear...look for a type made for the CJ series (no consoles during that time).

Yes, the wife insists on these for her baby. They do keep the carpets clean from the nasty stuff we get in winter. I think I will call Quadatrec and run this by them. Thanks.

I would like to buy some front and rear mats as my carpet is in great shape on my 02 and I get a lot of sand and water in the front and rear. Quadratec sells some which have a 2" lip for the front but the rear is designed for Jeeps with a full console which I dont have. I have some Weathertec in my S2000 and Lexus and they are very nice. Any suggestions. Thanks.

Getting one tomorrow with a tray for the cooler and 6 rod tubes. Receiver will also take a bike rack. I didnt know if there was a rrof rack set up to haul stuff. Thanks.

Great, I plan to attend. Where is the best place to purchase either stock or after market parts. I may need to replace the rear plastic window and left side mirror which is scratched. Do you know if there is a console available for the Wrangler X. All I have are cup holders. Is there a roof rack available as I would like to carry stuff to the beach due to limiited storage. I'm sure I will have more questions over time and I appreciate any info/advice.

Hi, My name is Ray Scott and I just registered. My user name is Beachjeep. I just purchased a 2002 Jeep Wrangler X with 47K miles on it. It is yellow and totally stock. My wife and I have retired to Lewes from Wilmington a year ago and we live a few miles from Cape Henlopen and the town of Lewes. I also have a 2004 Honda S2000 but I wanted a vehicle I could take to the beach as the Honda is not the best choice. I put the top down today and cruised around town then stopped at the state park and got my surf fishing plate. I am going to get a receiver hitch and aluminum platform to carry the surf rod, cooler and other stuff as storage is limited. I also need to get the required safety equipment for driving on the beach. We really like it and it is my first Jeep. I dont know anything about driving in the sand except to deflate the tires so I am not going to try doing this until next week when the crowds are smaller at the Cape. I am thinking about getting some weathertec mats as the mats that came with it are not stock and very small. Carpet is in great shape so I thought they would be a good thing to purchase. Well, that just a brief history about me. Glad I found this website and hope to interact as I become more knowledgeable about the Jeep. ;D