Posts by Beachjeep

Sorry for the late response, I was out of the country. When I got home there were a few drops of tranny fluid on the floor. The leak is coming from the front of the bell housing around the gasket at the bottom. The oil pan is right in front of it. I wiped some off a week ago and it is very small. I would rather live with it then have it replaced at $$$. Had this issue on my 02 Jeep and left it alone. Is there an automotive epoxy or sealer I could apply after thoroughly cleaning the area. If not, when I take it in for service I will have my garage look at it. Thanks for all of the great advice.

I live in Lewes and drive on the beach often. I know some of the Rangers. Make sure you have the required equipment (shovel, tow rope, jack, board etc) Registration and Fin #. Also a fishing rod and some artificial bait or lure. Not much activity here now so you would be more noticeable. Have fun with your family. You could actually enter at Herring Point and drive down past the towers and hang a right and go into Rehoboth.

Ok, no more smart a$$ comments about the Mini :mrgreen: Dealer offered 13,000 and that is not acceptable. I did a lot of work and spent over 5K on this Rubi to get it looking great so I'll keep it before I take that much of a loss. Thanks for the advice.

I am planning to buy a 2012 Mini Cooper and will be trading my 03 TJ Rubi on it. Any idea of what it is worth, KBB says around14- 15K. It only has 74,500miles and is in almost new condition. 1 owner, Md. inspected and serviced by dealership I bought it from. Here are some details:
    Metallic tan khaki
    6 cylinder
    5 speed
    2 year old tan Quadratec top.
    Running boards
    33 Duratrac's 6K miles and spare
    Dick Cepek black/chrome wheels plus spare
    2" lift
    Bushwhacker 6" flares
    custom black grill
    KC fogs with driving lights mounted on front bar
    Kenwood marine radio with 4 Kicker coaxial speakers and kicker sub/woofer (low profile) under rear seat
    Custom Marine Grade vinyl tan/black seat covers with new foam
    Magna Flow SS exhaust
    custom shift knob
    overhead storage bin
    all weather floor mats (front, rear, cargo area)
    Taillight guards

I have had it for 2 years. No Rust, paint in excellent condition, maintained at a dealership by a former Jeep mechanic, detailed every 6 months by me at my detailing business, garage kept, Occasional use on beach and around Lewes area. Comments from other Jeep owners as the nicest 03 Rubi they have ever seen. Needs Nothing.

Thanks. Ray

I put 33 Duratrac's and a 2"lift on my 03 Rubi. I mainly use it on the beach in Lewes yet on longer rides the DT's are quiet compared to the 31 M/T's I replaced and no issues on beach. Sound FX in Lewes gave me a good deal and installed everything.

Saw some tranny fluid on garage floor and it is coming from around the seal. Looks like it is tough to replace, not much room. Is this an expensive fix by a garage.

Sounds like fun, enjoy. We vacationed in Maui for 10 days and it rained almost all day for 7/10 days. I should have rented a Jeep and gone mudding. We were supposed to leave Maui and spend 3 days in Kuwai. As we were heading to the airport some asshole decided to drive his Ford Bronco up to the ticket counter (no concrete barriers) douse the inside of it with gas and flicked a lighter into it. The security guards pulled him out seconds before the Bronco was engulfed in flames. Airport closed for 2-3 days. Got another room in same hotel in Maui where it rained for 3 more days. Truly the vacation from "Hell". :upset: I hope your visit there has beautiful weather.

Anyone have this. It is not carpet but 1/4" thick polypropylene which is cut to fit the interior with no cutting and attaches with glued velco strips to the floor which allows it to be removed for cleaning. It does not absorb water and dries in 20 minutes. It also insulates interior from road noise. Read about it in JP magazine. Quadratec sells a 7 pc. kit for $388 for my 03 TJ. Carpet getting worn and smelly and might replace it with this.