Posts by vbquick1

Did you get that from me? This one isn't mine. Looks like a decent deal though. I still have my old ram air 60 gallon.

Unfortunately i have a bit of experience in this area. Santa brought me a different garage heater every year for about 5 years. I started with the kerosene torpedo which put out a ton of heat, but it just stinks. My clothes would smell terrible when I was finished working and it even though I would get used to the smell while I was out there...it couldnt be good for you breathing that terrible smell for long periods of time. Then I went to the aluminum propane contractor heater. It looks like a 5 gallon bucket turned upside down with holes in it. It put out a lot of heat also, but also put out a pretty bad smell. The heat was kinda strange, made the air feel clammy or something...I dont know. Then I tried the Infared propane tank top heater. That one is actually pretty good. They have a slight odor, but no where near as strong of an odor as the previous two. The heat output was also very good. It was the dual head style and I have a 2 car with 11 ft ceiling. I recently installed a NewAir G73 electric heater. It is a 240v unit and puts out 17k btu. Takes a little longer to bring my garage up to temp, but is a very comfortable heat. On really cold days, I plan to fire up the infared to get me started and maintain the heat with the electric. Hope this helps.

Flex fans are not water friendly, so if u plan to do any creek crossings, u may want to stick with what u have. I am speaking from experience.

I am looking for a couple large garage cabinets with doors. Something similar to the common cabinets you see in schools and government buildings that are made of thin steel. They are approximately 72x36x18. Anyway, It's not necessary for it be exactly like that, but I need some additional storage and I was hoping to find something similar. Anyone have anything or know where I can get one or more. I would prefer not to buy new. If you know of any govt. surplus shops, I may be able to find something there. I remember there used to be one on Lambsons Lane in New Castle, but I am not sure if it is still there. Thanx.

I am jeepless right now for the first time in 10 years. I went from two rigs to none in a little over a year. Anywho, I was thinking about starting a budget build. I am open to suggestions....I am a bit partial to the CJ7, but not deadset on it....I liked the dash and visibility of my CJ, and was a bit turned off by the lack of such visibility in my TJ. I was very impressed with the abilities of the TJ and felt like coils were pretty freakin sweet (both CJ and TJ were locked at both ends). I have all the tools (minus a bender). I would like to do something like the guy from NY, I can't remember his name, but I believe its a stretched green willy's body on a ford bronco frame. Hell of a nice guy, we have wheeled with him a couple times. Very capable rig, I am not sure if he custom built the frame or not (This dude is everywhere, so most of you guys have probably met him or seen his rig). I am cool with going with "whats available" as far as parts go, ie. engine, axles, tcase, tires, body.....I figure if I am in no real hurry, I could just pick up parts here and there. It will probably end up costing me more in the end, but I would get the satisfaction of building it myself and plus it would spread the cost out over time, rather than having to put out all the money at once. Anyone know if I could get a vehicle titled, if I built it myself? I will try to attach a shot of the rig that I like.