Posts by bluedragon436

Man I would love to pick this bad boy up if I wasn't about to deploy and had time to sell my XJ.. I wanted a V8 ZJ when I picked up my XJ, but could never find one in good shape that folks weren't wanting an arm and a leg for... Seems like a reasonable deal for what is being sold... Might have to see if I can press my luck and get my XJ sold in time to pick this up before I deploy..

At least you got a rig to start learning with... I have been keeping an eye on CL, to pick up a welder to start teaching myself how to weld with... I don't want to spend $400+ on a brand new unit, just to learn how to weld... Don't worry once you pick it up and get good at it... you'll be enjoying all kinds of new ideas you come up with to build!!

Those are some amazing pictures... I will eventually pick myself up a nice SLR like that.. Although it will never be anywhere near the trails.. LOL

Welcome to DEJA!! I am glad to see that there is another fabrication shop in the area... instead of having to get with companies that are so far away that you hope you receive the pieces you wanted, instead of getting to talk to someone face to face!!

Welcome to DE as well as DEJA.. I have seen your Jeep a few times running around base... Was wondering if you were on here, as I hadn't seen your Jeep before a few weeks ago..

The rear main seal is actually pretty easy to replace, and not very expensive at all.. I have replaced it on a friend of mine's 91 XJ, and will most likely be replacing it on my 98 XJ in the coming months, as I am thinking I have a slight leak from that area.

Welcome to DEJA!! If you are looking at picking up the RC lift, I would def. recommend going with the X-flex lift over the standard lift.. Also contact them directly to order the kit, it usually drops the price a bit.. Or at least anyone I know who has called to order their lifts or other parts has been given a discount from ordering direct.

Also on the Rusty's kit that was just commented about for the WJ.. I test drove a 2000 WJ with the Rusty's 4.5" Advanced kit and that thing rode quite nicely. The guy who had owned it before had put some miles on it, and it still rode quite nicely.. Now I'm just waiting to see what I get back in taxes to see if I can't work out a deal on that WJ for my XJ..

MY XJ did similar for last winter, and I found if I took the heater hoses off the engine take some low pressure air and blow it through the core in reverse flow of normal, and then fill it with some CLR.. let it set for about 15mins, and then blow it out reverse flow again with the air, then flush a few time with water air back and forth... it solved my lack of heat option I had going...

I wave at any Jeeper I see... especially modified Jeeps as I would figure they probably know the "Jeep Wave"... but have only gotten a wave back like maybe three times in the almost four years I've owned my XJ!!

i hope after the swap it runs right. i know the heads are different. have you checked that you can swap that fi system onto the newer motor. not saying that it wont just never heard of anyone doing it. hate to see all the time and effort wasted.

aaron

From what I've found online I have to swap the IM and exhaust over from the old engine, and then swap a few sensors around, as well as the distributor from the old engine and then it will work.. so hopefully that is in fact true.. I've seen it from multiple sources throughout the web..

I was reffering more to some details on the vehicle, xj, tj, yj, ect year and motor. I don't just want to assume its the jeep in your profile since you said you just baought it. Also what is the replacement motor come from. There are differences between the years. Some of us a have experience in different areas.

Aaron

It is a 1990 2dr. XJ. w/ the 4.0 Renix engine. We have picked up the closest things we could find which is a 1991 4.0, which I know we will have to swap the intake and exhaust manifold over to the new engine from the old one. As soon as we can get the last two E14 bolts out, going to compare and swap any sensors around to the new block. I have quite a bit of experience working on vehicles, but am new to pulling the engine out of the Jeeps, and it has been a bit of a battle.. But we are down to the final two bolts to get it out of there.. Would just like to see if it is possible to get at least one person if possible that has some experience with removing/installing these engines to hopefully get it done this week..

Def. sad for sure.. It can happen quick, and without you even realizing it is happening till it is too late!! Thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of these two!!