Posts by Jump150

Anyone have a YJ Charcoal canister kicking around that they are not using? I could use one to get thru inspection. Can't believe I'm asking for one considering how many I've helped remove and throw away.

Thanks
    Don

John it looks great with the black rollbar. I think the cage green would have been too distracting. Now you just need to buff out those rims!!

Don

the new rig did everything I asked it too. I didnt get to crazy with it (to Aaron's dismay) because I wanted to feel it out. It crawled over the rocks and flexed nicely, and the coilovers made the steep descent not as butt clenching as I expected. As with any new rig there so things that need to be worked out. The rear bump stops only have less then 2" in the rear and the front has 4" on the passenger side and 2" on the drivers side, but those are easy things to tweak. I have a couple pics on my phone and I know Aaron got some video with his GoPro.

And Billy, I didnt even know there was a "discount" for members, I thought they were just looking for a head count of who was out there with the group.

Don (not a paying member :shrug: ) Jump150

KnoxRents
    CJ8
    Stafford
    Stomper
    Captain
    Spedly
    Hookedonthebay
    ShoreBird
    I_AM_Dan
    Daddanelena
    JKGray10
    goody
    nj-rubi (pending)
    Jeffsjk- Camping be there late friday night- Riding Shot gun with Jump150 the JK is for sale so not wheelin it
    J-Man
    Quantum73 (pending)
    TheDarkSide shotgun with Aaron
    Buster Stewart 92 Renegade
    altierior
    BlueLesPaul2006
    Erock
    BlueJ
    RedOliver Jump150

Passed inspection, and on the roads of Newark. It drives really nice on the roads, the long arms and coilovers are great. now the sidewalls of a 40" tire can make it float a bit.

Slimer, who said I wanted the wife able to climb in it!

Steve, the exhaust was only temporary.

And it will be at Big Dogs (first trip for it, should be interesting to learn its quirks)

I have helped build plenty of jeeps and even a tube buggy. I know how quickly you can spend more money then you will ever get back from building it. Therefore, I have been looking for a jeep that already had a lot of the expensive mods done, that I could just tweak to my style. I found the jeep listed below, made a deal, (only took 2 months) and Aaron and I went and picked it up.

It’s a 99 TJ with 4.0L, 5 speed with a.4.3:1 Atlas II. It has a High Pinion 60 front with 5.38’s and a lock-right, and a 60 rear with 5.38s, ARB, and Yukon shafts. Suspension is a Poly Performance 3 / 4 link kit, stretched about 7” front and 5” rear, with 14” x 2” F.O.A. remote reservoir coilovers. The bottom of the frame has around 24inches of clearance. Genright stretch corner gaurds with front front tube fenders. Rock equipment rear sway bar, and of course 40” Goodyear Kevlar MTRs on H2 rims. It has a bolt in OR-FAB cage and even still has AC and heat. I have added side marker lights and extended the exhaust and hope to get it thru DMV sometime this week.

1) Stafford
    2) KnoxRents
    3) Solomi - bringing the deep fryer and grill. Plan on grilling some pineapples in addition to all the goodness last time.
    4) JeepSahara - going to be there either with my Jeep or riding shotgun
    5) Shorebird
    6) J-Man - bringing magnesium
    7) astape - bringing some nice cedar firewood
    8) Jeffsjk- the short bus will have room......
    9) Jump150-- I'll be bumming rides since I havent found a new rig yet (but I'm not pointing any fingers)

look at the interior, the door panels, dash, center console and who knows what else looks like it has some form of Rhino lining. Most likely not the best idea to cover that airbag with that stuff.