Posts by Jmess

I have a window but I don't think it's from a TJ. It's a single zipper and the window is rounded. My TJ has three different zippers but is a besttop top. If it will work for you You can have it.

That actually sounds about right for the factory top. Couldn't hurt to check, how much would you want for it?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

JMess, That could work. I’m just looking for somthing to close the gap between a windjammer and some soft doors with a bikini top. Plus Staffords brand new stuff is too fancy for my rig. Do you get up to northern de ever?

These will definitely take care of that. I used them with my soft top for years. As far as getting up that way i don't usually but Thursday my ill be in Wilmington for an appointment my son has around 11.

A buddy of mine is replacing his stock rock sliders off of his JKU Rubicon. He is looking to sell them. They have never seen off-road and are in great shape. He is asking 220 OBO for the pair. You can message me on here for more information.

So did come across an issue but I dont think it is with the lights themselves. But they have become a car battery slowly drainer. I have a short somewhere in the harness and it just about killed my battery. So until I have time to track that down , they will not be working. I think I have a tire pinched somewhere. I ran the lights through the Cowl so I'm wondering if the edge of the cowl dug into the wiring.

From a little experience I can say that off-brand lights are nothing like good lights from Rigid, KC, etc... the specs are usually flat-out lies and the reflectors and lenses are extremely important in focusing the light for best performance. That's where most of the money goes for the big names, into R&D. BUT... 3W or 10W LEDs still put out a lot of light, even for the generic brands. They don't won't have the reach of the good brands. I have a pair of 10W lights on both my Jeep and trailer for backup/flood lights. Awesome stuff. :) I bought a 15" bar light which is very bright, but the pair of HID lights on my bumper are brighter (better range, mainly) so I never installed them.

I am leaning toward a Quadratec-brand windshield or hood bar, though. :D They have an in-house engineer that deals with all of their branded items.

I kinda Figured the Specs were lies and I'm usually the type of person who would pay more for a good brand because its true they usually are alot better esp. quality. But this time I figured for 35 bucks I wont be upset if they sucked cause I paid 25 - 35 bucks rather then a couple hundred. And I will say I replaced my IPF lights with them and they are so much better to far. (but i guess you really cant compare normal lights to LEDs.) Someday ill probably swap them out for a better brand but for my budget right now these will work.

Have to get some pictures up but cant at work, but I have installed the ones on my windshield and and I have to say DAMN! they are bright! the difference between my the old lights and these are night and day. And I have yet to install the bigger round ones that will go in my bumper. Installation was not to bad I purchased a wiring harness from Amazon when I bought the lights and ran everything through the cowl, which was not to bad. I had been told to put some silicone around the seals to be on the safe side I had not had a chance to do that yet.

I have to say so far ( I know its early) for 35 bucks for the set and cost of harness this was WELLLLL worth it!

I'm looking forward to hearing how these workout for you. I getting tired of replacing my Hella 500 bulbs.

Ill definitely post up a small review or something but I'll let ya know. I cant keep bulbs in my IPF's either. This will be interesting to see how they are.

I picked up 2 sets of led lights to replace my IPF's on my windhseild and bumper. I picked then up off Amazon for $25 a pair. I figured as cheap as they are what do I have to lose. Will be getting them on this week.

Anyone else check them out? I know a good brand would normally be $250 to $400 but, l checked the specs on the cheap ones are similar And between ebay and Amazon there are bunch of them.

I did have a suggestion to put silicone on the seems to seal them better.

(For some reason Picture did not load from taptalk and photobucket wont load correctly here at work so well.... that will have to wait)