Posts by Kuntryboy816

:laughabove: Didn't think of that. Seat warmers.

The back of the seat cover is a mesh material so it shouldn't impede to much air flow. Will also cut the wiring down to size this week (except the RCAs). Then I'll probably cut the mesh around the amp to let it breathe and show it off. Thanks for the advice. Haven't messed w/ sound systems in about 8 yrs.

Added a little crisper sound to the beast... :laughing:

1 of 2 12" Pioneer subs I took out of a dual BandPass box. Figured one sub will be enough (maybe) ;)

1000 watt Sony amp. I eventually want to hook all the speakers up but just the sub is run for now. This was the only place I could figure to mount it to keep it off the floor and outta the way. Yes that is two 1x2's mounted to the back of the passenger seat that the amp is attached to. Pretty easy mount but the wiring was soooooo long. I will shorten it later. Nice thing is that once you pull the seat cover back over you don't even see this mess. ;D

Pics of a guy and his buddies we found at the canal (MD side) back in May and a shining example of what not to do. Price ya gotta pay for illegally wheelin!

I just bought this truck a week ago :help: :-[

Yep buddy your screwed... :doh:

Wouldn't let my cousin try and pull him out b/c he was afraid he'd mess up his bumper :o So he calls this guy. Good thing his buddy owns a BIG truck :peace:
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i1226.photobucket.com/a…ntryboy816/0516001828.jpg[/img]

Still fretting over his stupid bumper instead of the busted front end...

Guy busted the radiator and left the truck running the whole time the nose was under water... :sniffle: Oh the beautiful music his engine was making as he left.

Daggummit!! Yet another thing I missed!

Good deal. It's always good to know someone else has already done it and it'll hold up. Lol... after we got my cousin's winch installed he couldn't wait to try it out. We spooled out about 75 of the 90 feet of cable and hooked it to his Saturn. He started pulling in the line and drug it about 5 feet before he realized the Saturn was still in park. :doh: That Warn pulled it tho... like a surf rod hauling n a crappie. :laughing: Post up some before/during/after install pics.

Dunno bro... it does sound like it's getting a lil more complicated than it's worth. I would look for a new front bumper with the recessed winch mount already incorporated into the design. That way you'll know that it'll be safe b/c that is what it was designed for. Here's my cousin's (XHD Modular bumper system). Nice thing is you can build it how you want it to look. We installed the bumper and winch. Took about 2 hours total.

Closer view of winch and bumper

Like Keith said that frame looks like part of the "crumple zone" and if it was me I wouldn't chance drilling into that frame. Could cause some safety issue during an accident.

My cousin installed his Warn XD9000 onto his bumper. He has the RR XHD modular bumper system on his 07 JK unlimited but it has a recessed winch mount built in. Just based on that info I would venture that the winch doesn't need to be bolted dirctly to the frame itself. I read a few places that the thickness of the mounting surface is the key. But just from the sound of mounting the winch plate directly to the bumper sounds iffy. If the bumper's wall thickness isn't strong enough then you'd just peel back the winch and mount from the bumper around the area of the mount plate during use. Like gluing a small piece of cardboard to a piece of paper. you've increased the thickness w/ the cardboard but if you pull on the cardboard and it'll just rip the paper underneath it. Makes sense logically in my head but I could be wrong. Are the mounting surface specs in the manual?

Well my 1st time up to Qtec wasn't everything I expected but that's mostly my fault.

First off I overslept so I was rushing around trying to get ready to leave for the sale. Jumped online to get address b/c I haven't been to Qtec before. Saw that Matt had PM'ed me saying he could meet up around 8 to drive up. Great, it was already 7:45. :doh: Grabbed my gear and ran out the door. Had to take out a bunch of tools and stuff I had bought earlier in the week and throw em in the shed (wait for it...it'll be clear in a sec) b/c I didn't want anyone snatching my stuff outta the Jeep at the show. Then I thought, wow it's so nice out I'm gonna take the doors off!

Texted Matt to tell him I was running a little behind so I'd just meet up with him at the show. I'm not sure if I was a little heavy footed on the gas but somehow I made it up to 202 before him. As I was passing Concord Mall I saw a JKgray (lol) coming up behind me. Thought to myself... hey that looks exactly like Matt's on the DEJA forums. We both waved at each other as he passed me (Jeep wave :wavey: -bump). Got up to a red light and I pulled up beside him. He rolled down his window and I'm like.. "Hey are you Matt?" He's like.. "Yeah are you Jeremiah?" Too funny b/c we had never met before and I was sure he was already way ahead of me. So I followed him up to Qtec. Got there and he turned into the show entrance and I went to the general parking area.

So I walked up to the sale. Figured I'd do some shopping then check out the show rigs and meet up with Matt. Perused the tents and talked to a few vendors. Walked thru the Qtec tents. They only had one rear bumper w/ a tire carrier (for a JK). Ok...scratch 1 of 2 things off my list. Went over to the next tent. Sweet! Sale on Hi-Lifts! At least I'll get one of the things I came for. Mosy'ed on up to the register, paid for the jack the base & acc kit, picked em up at the dock door. Figured I'd go put my new purchase in the Jeep and come back up for the show. :lbulb: God looked down at me and said "Have a nice day dummy!" No doors! So I left after only being there for about an hour. Didn't get to see the show. Left Matt and his wife hanging. Didn't take any pics to post on here. Royally sucked all around. Started to head back up w/ the wife and kids later in the afternoon but we just detoured to the park since it was almost 2p. Oh well. I'll be prepared for next time I guess. Here's one good thing from today at least.

Decided I'm gonna check out the Qtec sale and show tomorrow. Anyone want to meet up just let me know. My cell# is on my profile so just ring me up.

I'll be there around 8:15 or 8:30....entered my jeep in the show n shine YJ section....does anybody know how the parking works? Is it on a first come, first served basis as far as the spot you get or does it depend on your registration number? :shrug:

^^Jeep91yj- send me a quick PM about your rig and I'll come check ya out in the show.

Kinda 50/50 on whether I'm going up to this or not. Trying to talk my brother's and cousin into going. Don't really wanna go up all by my lonesome since I've never been before. Wouldn't mind heading up with or meeting someone there. I do like discount prices though!!! ;D