Posts by haugwild

does your jeep have a fuel pump shutoff sensor, it shuts off the fuel pump in an accident,if you do & it's malfunctioning jarring it could could shut off the fuel pump. or it can heat up ,melting the wire connector to it, stopping the power to the pump. wigiling the connector can get power back to the pump, had the latter problem with a ford I owned , drove me bonkers for months & cost quite a bit of cash to remidie.

replace the crossmember, it's a POS, bent mine 3 inches first time weeling it. got a guaraunteed bombproofe one from under cover fabworks. he told me if I bend or break it they would replace it. idont think I even scratched it yet & I'm not easy on it to say the least.

if yours is just leaking you can rebuild it. if you arn't up for that, napa sells a rebuilt one for about $300 + core return (probably your best bet) if you want a used one try car-part.com, that will give several salvage yards. some are overpriced in my opinion. mine broke off the frame, no t good for a core at napa & without a core the price is around $520. a new one from dealer should be around $650. the car part. com took me 3 tries to get one reasonably priced & not leaking. good hunting

anyone know ( on a jk)if the power steering line coming from the resivour goes to to the high or lough pourt on the gear box, while I was disassembling the broken one had an interruption, a bat in the house. had to drop what I was doing ,didn't mark the lines , wife & kids were freeking out. it was a tiny little brown bat flying around the up stairs. any help would be appreciated.thanks

whats a redneck ram? fyi when you figure out what you want, ask whom ever you buy it from about warranty & extended warranties you can get . 4WD offers one , didn't know that until I called them about the problems with my tie rod, hind sight sucks & is always 20/20!

I love my currie lift kit, but in my opinion their tie rod leaves a lot to be desired. I bought it in march,didnt have the time to install it till sept, 4 days befor I went to RC with wane & his coworker. he bent the crap out of his tire rod , they had a stock replacement one so he bought it & we installed it.after that we stuck to greens & blues. on one of these trails I caught a rock & bent the currie in to the dif cover. wen I called them about it I was asked if I used it in a offroad application ,I answered yes & was told It wasn't meant for that. in oct. it went in for inspection it didn't pass because the tie rod end joints were shot. on top of the joint is a thin metal cap (to keep out the dirt)on top of that was a neoprene doughnut to keep the cap in place. the drivers side completely disintagrated & a small piece survived on the pass side. also both the joints unscrewed from the ends about a 1/4 inch because of this the caps were rubed almost all the way through.i called currie about this new problem & was asked to send pictures, I did,after several days wating I called back & was told that they don't warranty any parts & they couldn't do anything (why ask for pictures?) was also told I could buy replacement joints if I wanted. after I told him what I really thought about that idea he said he would send new caps & neoprene, big deal , the joints are still bad. I payed a lot of money for a heavy paper weight. its off & I'm probably going with a synergy. if anybody wants it i'll make you a great deal!!!

I'm running a d30 with an e-locker, g2 4:88 gears & axils , a d44 with the same setup in the back sitting on 35 in.tires w/ steel rims.the front was striped & rebuilt with heavyer brackets all around , the c's are gusited & I plan on trussing it when I get the time (after I finish fabing rear fenders, corners & a front bumper to go with the winch I just rebuilt) i'm going to keep 35's on it for now but I would like to be able to upgrade to 37's. I have a friend who works for pep boys,the majority of their parts are factory seconds & their lifetime garenty means if the part breaks & its more than likely to you have to remove it & reinstall it, only the parts garented not the labor. id rather spend a little more money & get a better quality part than have to keep replacing one again.so I guess my question is does anybody run after market ball joints that they love or hate and why. I want a set of ball joints I can wheel & not have to replace every year.

my drivers side upper ball joint on my jku has a little play in it so I figure if i'm gona replace one i'll just replace all 4,upper,lower driver & pass. i'd like your opinion, good or bad, on any brand you've used. keep in mind it's my daily driver & I do a little bit of light wheeling ,ask my cuzin Wane, I'm delicate with my baby , no really I am .anyway any input would be helpful, thanks.

I did mine over the summer. I used rapter liner clear, you can tint it with any color paint . I also added ceramic beads for insulation. everything cost me bout $160.00. I sprayed it on fairly thick & applied 2 coats and I used a little over 2 quarts. I have a garage but I did it outside in the driveway.it took me one day to remove contents & prep and about 4 hours to spray I wanted 2 days befor I reinstalled the interior..turned out pretty nice if I do say so & I say so. it was easy, hardest part was removing & reinstalling interior.