Posts by 1991yj

Looking forward to this too... hopefully no fishing hooks get stuck in my arm this year... as usual i got the otw sand spike again lol... and some other stuff for it... maybe a texas roadhouse gift card or 2...

Its always windy down here lol.... and the blues are still here unfortunately. There has been some rocks and drum being caught but you gotta make it through the gauntlet of gator blues to do anything. Ill be out tomorrow at keybox. And sunday as well...

Personally I fish and enjoy, I have been surf fishing for the better part of 18 years at CHSP, Camping, day trips , weekends and week days. Never had a major problem. Only annoyance is people casting a 2oz rig and ignoring it as it drifts past and catches everyone else's rigs, and people getting pissed off when you are casting where they are swimming and perhaps bad country music played way too loud (no offence Mike! )

Non taken steve.... On the bright side i never had a bad experience minus a missing tackle box.... Only issues i have ever had was chasing people of the dunes and getting a fishing hook stuck in my arm.

Good luck tomorrow... old inlet is having thier spring classic from keybox all the way past 3r's... just a heads up gonna be packed every where.

U are also gonna need 4 or 6 degree shims unless we but the 8.8 in at the same time as the sye.

Astape... when we did the 44 swap we had to do almost 12° on the spring perchs... i know a guy in laurel that has a 8.8 with 4.11's in it i cam check to see if he still has it and get you the info. And honestly... with 2 inch shackle lift and 4 inch spring lift good luck with the alignment... i got rid of boomerang shackles and went with revolvers in the fron and z-pacs in the rear... that much lift on the shackles will jack your castor or camber up i cant remember...

This has been very helpful. I have never been surf fishing at all.... lol.... and i have seen bob straight destory spot in the wash hahahaha.... right now i use a breakaway 10' 6" custom with a akios cts 5..... i have a 13 ft breakaway i use for 8 and bait in the winter..... unfortunately my shoulder has been to friendly on the cast with that rod anymore. Bob and i have had multiple discussions on conventional reels and spinning reels. But if you are used to using baitcasters in freshwater then using a conventional is no problem. Spring time you kind of gotta be the judge of how far you need to cast.... ideally at places like broadkill tide doesnt matter as much you might think. It will just change the species of fish your hitting. I have caught drum in dead low out there... and honestly have had some of the best fishing at low tide on broadkill... bad news is if high tide comes then you might be stranded out there. As far as bait... learn to toss a cast net. Isnt to hard. Goto cedar swap on the way down to the beach and in the spring you'll catch enough bunker you will be giving it away. And if you go conventional use mono... small test weight 12-15 pds... learn how to tie a albright knot and tie a 60-70# shockleader of mono to it. Shockleaders are usually 5 times the length of your rod... this keeps your line from snapping.

Consider it done... i order all my christmas shopping through here. Wish i knew about this last year when i was doing my build. I spent almost 4500 at amazon last year.