Posts by SlowPlay

BTT

any more tire kickers with no interest what so ever? If someone wants the rear ill seperate (im thinking about stealing parts out of the 30 anyway)

The axles are under a rolling chassis (non wreck) that i was going to be nice about taking apart, but now its in my way so im cutting everything i need out of it and the rest is on a trailer to scrap. so the axles will be removed junkyard style unless i have a buyer.

ive answered a ton of pms and emails of questions that honestly if you need an axle you should know the answers to already.

if someone wants just the rear ill go 450 on the just the rear 44.

thinking about getting rid of a few things to make room for a different project.....

i have 2 sets of axles that im reluctantly thinking about getting rid of. Wanted to see if there was any interest......

TJ d30 / d35 4:10's

TJ D30 / D44 3.73's

i know in my head what i want for them, but ill take offers. only selling them as sets.

joe asked adn im still tryhing to get him pics.
    send me your email addy and ill send you pics of the underhood stuff and pics of the steering when when i get a minte. I pulled the steering wheel and the clock spring already and have them on the shelf.

If you want the cruise control setup (which im more then willing to sell you) i would say come down and pull it with me that way you can take whatever wiring you need to go with it. should be no need to cut any wiring just getting the right harness sections..... which i have.

oh i should be home in an hour or so to get some pics.
    and all of this stuff is located in Seaford.

I bought the rolling chassis for my buddy from Jeep91yj and it came with more stuff then we need/expected. as said in the other post the body is shot but it still has some nice stuff on it that i would hate to send to the scrap yard. We will probably pull the body this weekend and send it to the scrap yard so whatever ya'll need atleast let me know so i can pull it. It was a 2000 sahara

everything is best offer

stock cage with padding
    full dash tan
    steering wheel with cruise control controls
    cruise control assembly
    antilock brake assembly
    master cylnder and brake booster
    pedal assemblies
    fog lights
    tail lights
    washer bottle (dual for hard top)
    center console with the lil airbag key thing
    Tailgate
    steering column
    sahara rear fender flares and rocker covers (front fenders are cut)
    stock front seats both are pretty ruff but they both have seat mounts and sliders
    fuse boxes and any parts of the wiring harness ya'll need.

probably a few other odds and ends and body parts just ask if you think you need it. Ill post some pics in a little bit.

Care to enlighten us on your review? I've had mine for over 2 years and have never had an issue with it.

Here is what i posted on another site for the head unit thing. I didnt realize you were talkn just the console but i assume its made out of the same junk. There is no way that if the product i have is such junk their other product is any better.

Im usually not one to post reviews but im so pissed off i have to!

Lil background.... As most of you know the stock tj radio is bigger then a standard aftermarket radio. So you always end up with the flimsy plastic adapter that doesnt support the radio. The other issue is that rain always falls behind the dash and kills the radio. These 2 issues have been the source of alot of my bitching over the years, but i never was able to do anything about them. mainly because of time or the "give a f" factor.

So fast forward to the other day.....
    Flipn through quadratec (a mistake by itself) i found the Ivault radio mount. Metal housing with a top to cover the radio and a metal faceplate to secure the radio instead of pulling the faceplate. In my head it solved all the issues i had.... It kept water out of the radio from the top and the front cover keeps me from pulln the faceplate and either scratchn it up or worryin about water. Now let me first say that no where does it claim to be waterproof, i knew that going in. It even had a lil drawer for your ipod, cell phone or whatever. That was really cool!

http://www.quadratec.com/products/14026_231X_PG.htm

Well when it showed up what came out of the box was the biggest pile of crap ive ever seen for the dollar figure! here are the issues...

* The unit did not match the pictures, come to find out the 97-02 version doesnt have a top. so there goes the idea to keep the rain out.

* the unit is very poorly welded, only 4 tack welds hold it together and i use the word tack loosely! They are so small i dont think there is any penetration.

* The face cover doesnt fit for crap, its so tight you cant get it on or off. The inside corners have the paint rubbed off from me trying.

* The lock.... flimsy nothing really holding it together, the lock arm is thin sheetmetal that will not hold up in the long run. The lock itself only has 1 tumbler pin.... so i wouldnt say secure at all... its no tuffy lock!

*unit assembly.... the main body is 2 pieces plus the shelf. the screws that it came with are not long enough to go through the 2 halves of the unit, let alone bolt into anything. Went out and bought screws (another waste of money)

*drawer.... hahah what a joke! the drawer doesnt have any guides other then 2 tabs on the back end so it does not slide straight in and out. the tabs only keep it from falling out. Once all bolted together with the radio and the 2 body halves the drawer is too tight to slide in and out. And the best part.... there are 2 strips of magnets on the bottom of it i assume to make you not notice it doesnt work for chit! I dont know about you, but im not putting my cell phone, ipod, mp3 player, etc on a magnet!

*Vehicle Mounting.... now this finally did me in! They put the 2 tabs on it like a stock unit, but the way its built they did not support it by the rest of the dash. The stock unit sits right on the dash support between the opening and the hvac controls so the bolts are not structural. This thing doesnt do that, its relying on the 2 bolt holes so it wobbles around.... remember PLASTIC DASH! So now that it doesnt sit straight in the dash the cover doesnt fit (not that it works in the first place).

This entire thing seems like a failure in every respect, but someone decided to just sell it anyway. "ultimate in security" yeah way false statement!

At this point im really not sure what to do.... keep it and modify the F outa it or send it back and just build one. Sorry if this was all long winded i just wanted to warn everyone.

I can post pics if anyone wants.