Posts by Slimer

Quote from "Keith_C"

C'mon now, us Slower Lower folks have to be on the road at 4:00am for Paragon or R/C. This is only once a year.

Yeah, but you farm boys are used to getting up at the crack of dawn. 6 a.m. is SLEEPING IN for you guys. :rollsmile:

I'm not sure if I'm going if it is raining. That means I have to put the top on my Jeep which is something I strive NOT to do in the summer.

I like the oil cap on my wifes Grand Cherokee. It's really wide to minimize spillage adn I think it has something sticking up to put the quart oil container (can't call them a can anymore) over so you don't have to hold the container while it glug, glugs away.

I've been on the beach without airing down with my 33x12's and had no problem. I've also pulled a lot of people out who hadn't aired down. There a lot factors that effect the sand condition. I wouldn't risk it because it is a lot more work trying to dig yourself out than it is to air down the tires.

I'm thinking of going to a small 4 barrel carb. What would be the brands to stay away from and what would be the ones to consider? I have a 258 bored 30 over (makes it a 261 I believe) with a Comp 4x4 cam.

I was looking at the Edelbrock Thunder series AVS Off Road carb (650 cfm)and the Edelbrock Performer Series carb (600 cjm).

Those were the ones in the first magazine I grabbed anyways. I've heard Holleys don't run well at angles and they are real sensitive to getting dirt.

What is the calculation for figuring how much cfm you need? Does anyone make a 500 cfm? I'm wondering if 600 cfm is too big. It says they are good for a small block V8 which is what the MC2100 I have came from.

Aaron, do you still have that easy locker from the chevy 10 bolt I gave you to sell on e-bay? If the springs and what not for that fit his locker her could just use them. I had bought brand new springs and pins for that locker.

Sometimes you can loosen all the bolts up and "shove" (usually with the encouragement of a hammer or screwdriver shoved in the hole) the skid plate over a smidge to get the hole lined up enought to get a bolt started.

Liberty is going to have a Renegade package that has a flatter and taller hood to give it some resemblances of the older Jeeps. I saw a picture of it and in Peterson's 4WD and didn't like it. It doesn't show ANY resemblance of the older Jeeps, especially since the Renegades NEVER HAD a flat hood because they were CJs!

When are they going to put a Jeep enthusiast in charge of the design team?

I like the location of the third brake light. I might have to try that myself, though without the LED. I was thinking of making it a back up light.

Please let me know if you need to borrow a truck, or need help picking anything up. I'm not sure if you are looking at a new front diff or a salvage yard one.