Posts by YJpotter91

Saw an xj that looked like it was being parted out near havre de grace. I’ll be riding back by there soon I’ll stop and see if there’s a phone number or anyone around

I had a 2.5 TJ…. I blew it up lol
    One of the factors in that is it was 16 years ago and I was a dumb kid that beat on it.
    the plus side to getting a 4cyl is easier for a 350 swap someday!

Anyone have a yj sitting around they don’t want anymore? I’ve been looking around for one and most are either total junk or just too nice for my budget. Found a couple in between but it’s amazing how many people don’t respond when you inquire about the thing they posted for sale!
    Obviously would prefer a 4.0 but 2.5 is acceptable. My only real requirement is that it has a good frame or at least one that only needs minor repairs. If anyone sees anything out there lemme know please. Thanks

Hopefully soon I’ll be putting a 4.0 in my 88 YJ. I have the engine harness for the 4.0 (it’s out of a 95) and I’m sure with some wiring diagrams and research I can figure out how to make the thing run
    My big hang up is gauges. I’d like to use the factory gauges. Has anyone on here done this? I’ve found some write ups online but nothing too detailed. There’s a really good one for doing this swap in a cj7 but I’m guessing the wiring part is gonna be a little different. I’m assuming I’ll need a dash harness out of a newer YJ?
    Any info in the right direction will be greatly appreciated. Just thinking about the wiring part of this whole swap stresses me out. Thanks

Gotcha. That was my next guess was that the framed was shaped different in that spot than a top meant to pair with soft upper windows. I’m obviously not expecting a perfect seal, just curious how it works. Thanks for the input

I currently have full doors and a hard top. I hardly drive my yj during the winter and have been toying with the idea of getting a soft top. Does anyone have any experience with this combo? Looking at pictures online I can’t tell how the top seals around the rounded top rear part of the door. Does it truly make a seal or is there just a piece of fabric kinda dangling there? If only it had that plastic piece that the rear windows slide into like a tj!
    Just looking for some input before I make a decision. Thanks

I’m swapping the 4.2 with a 4.0 in my 88 YJ. The 4.0 is a 95 I believe (it’s definitely obdI). Does anyone know if the trans will work with my engine? Would the Jeep require any modifications to accept the trans? If anyone knows if it’s pretty straight forward I’m interested. If not, I’ll keep searching for an ax15. Thanks