Posts by Lovely

Just saw this post (this is Steve with the blue four door). Welcome Andy!! We had a blast hanging out with you in "Chinatown" and as the others have stated...you will fit right in here.

I'm sure this is not what you want to hear...but for summer time (the worst time to fish), you actually had a pretty good day. You are doing the right things, just play the tide and hope you catch a school swimming by. Pretty much when we go in the summer we aren't trying to "fill the cooler"...we are trying to empty it :innocent: .

This is a family event, so we will do something for the kids at future Tourneys.

I think this is the first time we've actually had a youngin' seriously fishing, much less catching.

Yeah man, that kid will fish 'till the bait is gone...my bait, your bait and anyone else that will give him bait! :laughing: After he blew through the first dozen blood worms I had to whoa him back, I don't think he appreciates how much those suckers cost! The family and I had a wonderful time as we always do with this crew. I have to send a special thanks to flutterby for her first aid cupcake, it fixed the boy right up :up: .

Good day on the surf and sitting here watching the kids play in the kiddie pool at the hotel. Didn't catch a thing but finished an 18 pack....so all is well that ends well. The JK did great in the sand for it's first time out. By far the coolest minivan out there.

And what are they eating?

Food or the wood?

Not eating anything, just living there. There was no trace of food found (believe me, we checked EVERY compartment) and they weren't wood eaters. They are just the common little black ants we typically get here in the spring. I guess they found a safe haven in the camper where they wouldn't be disturbed and set up shop. We have them bad here period. Last spring when I got my plastic tarps out of the shed they too were infested by huge colonies of ants. We spray the bejesus out of our house with Home Defense religiously so we are fairly critter free in that respect, however it appears they are now looking for home "B". We took EVERYTHING that wasn't bolted down out of the camper and vacuumed, washed every piece of fabric that was removable, and then put out a gel type bait my buddy gave me. It is like ant crack. Within minutes they were flocked to the baits I put out and I had to replenish the bait every few hours because they were eating it dry! Two days in of doing that and I think we got them. I just went to check the bait one more time before bed and all the patches were untouched and I only counted five stray ants in random locations. I am going to monitor it over the next few days and continue to prep. for the surf fishing tourney. Thanks for the suggestions all!!

I will be down with the wife and kids hitting Navy crossing or Hearing Point. If you see the surf blue four door JK with the member sticker on the windshield stop by and have a beer. :beer:

Guess I won't be getting the "Pet Owner Of The Year" award any time soon. I used to take my pit bull all around in my YJ with a leash around the roll bar and hooked to his choker. He got broke of jumping out real quick. I hopped out one day to hit the ATM and I guess he decided to follow...as I turn around to head back to the Jeep he is hanging there off the back of the Jeep trying to bite through the leash. :laughing: Good thing about the pit bull, he was hard as nails and it didn't even faze him. I tossed him back in the Jeep, gave him a pet on the head, and he was good to go. After that he wouldn't even come close to trying to jump out. A few years later I stopped tying him in all together and he would sit there with top and doors off while I went in Walmart and not budge. That would always guarantee I'd have about a five car radius around my Jeep where NO ONE would park. :innocent: It's been two years since he died from Cancer and I still miss the hell out him.

Not sure how your TJ is set up in terms of cooling but when I had my XJ and towed my landscaping trailer (~2,000lbs.) it would get uncomfortably hot. Mine had the tansmission cooler built into the radiator so it would make my actual engine temperature climb. I installed an aftermarket external transmission cooler in addition to the factory radiator set up and never had a problem again. HTH.