Posts by FireFighter29

i recently did a 3.25 inch lift and went 33 inch tall tires.
    I want to go 35s but im fairly certain i wont like the power loss.
    so my plan is to re-gear hopefully soon ish (next year) and then
    in 2016 when tax dollars come back get 35s.
    i totally agree with everyone else tho, 33s are just too small, if your set on 33s go 2.5 looks just as agressive. but at the end of the day its your toy. do you!

Okay I would eventually like to off road it at a little bit. But it is my daily driver so I'm looking for a nice ride. It will mostly be daily commuter with some weekend wheeling. Hopefully I will get it on the beach next year if I get a day off to go fishing. Thank you for your help.
    I plan on probably going 35's next time I have to get tires too. And my jeep has slowed Down with the lift and 33s. So that's why Im thinking re gear.

So for those of you who have read my any of my previous posts you know that i have a 2dr 08 jk Automatic (sigh) with a 3.25 Inch lift and 33/12.5/r17 tires.
    In the (hopefully near) future i will be installing the synergy high steer up grade (the one with the drag link flip, and the track bar relocation mount).
    now my next question is, what should be next, this is my first jeep, and i am not experienced with this.
    here is what i have thought, and maybe its wrong.

(1) Control arms (upper, lower, front and back)
    (2) I am thinking a re-gear. (whole different topic, as im not sure what ratio i should go with)
    (3) Maybe drive shafts (ive been told when you lift the 2door jk drive shafts begin to sh*t the bed.
    (4) cold air intake maybe a snorkle for good air intake
    (5) exhaust
    (6) tuning chip of some sort.

Now like Ive said, i have no idea which i shoud do in what order. your help is greatly appreciated.
    keep in mind this is my everyday driver, also these changes are going to be in process, probably over the next 3-4 years maybe sooner maybe longer.

have a good day!

LIKE the description says i am selling a stock JK bumper, I don't have the air dam that goes underneath and i also don't have the plastic piece that goes between the grille and the bumper. but i have the bumper and the fog lights. also with the hooks that come with the stock jk front bumper.

$200 and its yours.

dealer just called and said "your cat is fine, it was the heat shield above the Y pipe."
    Im almost positive that i checked all the heat shielding, but i could've been wrong. I hope the rattle is fixed.
    and if it was just the heat shield then i feel SOOOOO STUPID. !

:bang:

Thanks Aaron, that's what I plan on doing, calling them tomorrow.
    Thanks everyone else for the help as well.

I figure If they say I have to have proof of a failed emission I could always go to the DMV and request an emission test.

hey guys i have had my jeep for about 8 to 9 months. I bought it used, did a lift, did 33s and i have a problem.
    My catalytic converter is starting to rattle pretty loudly, i thought it was the heat shield however i spent a few hours under my jeep the other day and found nothing to be loose at all. the jeep only has 75k miles on it, has anyone else had this problem with their 08 jk 2 doors. or jk's in general.
    i was reading the EPA emissions warranty and it looks like i may be able to get it replaced for free from the dealership. does anyone have any experience with this?

As always, any and all thoughts and help is greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

about how much did you get the new gears, what does it entail, and how long did it take to do? i know theres a bunch of questions but im interested in re-gearing mine as well its a 08 2dr jk with the 3.8L same as yours.

Tonka, yeah man thats me, i work at the brandywine hundred fire company full time. im here every 4 days for 24 hours at a time.

and @ stomper, thanks for the heads up i think me and @astapen are going to do the synergy drag link flip kit with the track bar relo bracket as soon as i can find a day off and hook up with him. im already in the hunt for new shocks trying to get it done before i loose the shocks.