Posts by PatrickS

1. Stafford - prob camping fri/sat night
    2. hookedonthebay staying for food not sure about camping
    3. Kuntryboy816 - camping fri/sat nights - blues & greens
    4. Whatevah - food, no camping. Blue/green.
    5. Captain- Possibly camping Friday-Sat.
    6. Steve89YJ (if anyone has a passenger seat open!)
    7. Solomi + 1. camping.
    8. Tonka + 1 no camping.
    9. Shorebird guide green, blue, black food camping Sat
    10. TheDarkSide +1 Blue/Black Camping at least saturday
    11. Nandosjk +1 Camping fri/sat night
    12. Astape camping at least one night
    13. JKGray10- Blacks/Reds - Camping Fri/sat night
    14. Mudflaps (will not be wheeling) +1 teen (will be riding with Shorebird) - Camping Sat night only/food
    15. KnoxRents +3 Rugrats - Camping Saturday night definitely/maybe Friday..not sure. Greens/Blues
    16. Surfrider +2. Camping Friday night. Green/ Blues
    17. Keith.eric. Greens/Blues. Maybe camping Friday night, not sure.
    18. Jeffsjk +3. parking lot crawler
    19. Red oliver and Anx1ous if the jeep is ready - camping fri and sat; with tailgate grill
    20. RBXJ Greens. Camping Saturday. Green bottle grill.
    21. Daddanelena - blue/black
    22. YJDave +1 kid greens/blue camping sat night. Let me know if another full size grill is needed.
    23. MellowYellow greens/mild blue (new side) day trip with possible guest (second jeep)
    24. FZMax Black and Blue, no camping, but we'll hang around a while
    25. JeepSahara + 1
    26. 2000sahara + 1 Camping at least 1 night maybe 2 or camp comfort depending on weather.

Count me out now, unfortunately this past weekend I broke both front axle shafts and U joints thanks to Rausch Creek's Yellow Jacket rock pile. I guess a healthy LS1, 5500lb rig, aired down sticky 37" Trail Grapplers and 4LOW kills Dana 44's. I was real easy on the gas pedal too...barely touched the throttle and the locker deformed both sides' ears and grenaded the U joints. Going to have to save up for stronger shafts now or a D60. Won't make it 2 weekends from now. :down:

Most 12.5" wide truck tires call for 8.5-11" wide wheels.

Keep in mind the further your tire/wheel combo sticks out the fender, the harder it is on your ball joints and wheel bearings.

I've been working frantically trying to get the vehicles ready for this weekend's trip. So far we still have a group of 2 going (my truck and my wife's Jeep). Our neighbors might ride along as passengers but that's it so far.

Steven89YJ,

Does chauffeuring around a founding DEJA member grant him or her a free year membership? :innocent:

Jeep 41,
    If you end up choosing to go, PM me for my phone number and we'll meet up.

We will need a few people to bring grills, I'm thinking at least 3 possibly more. Maybe DEJA can swing for some propane. I'll bring my small Weber, please post up if you can bring a grill.

We bring a small bench top grill everywhere we camp. It's good for 3-4 burgers and runs off the little green propane bottles.

If we do need a larger grill, let me know via PM right before the date of the event and I'll load up my main grill. It's a dual fuel propane on one side, charcoal on the other and can grill 20-24 burgers at a time (if I can keep up with them all lol). Bringing it will mean the difference between taking my trailer or not, so let me know as the date approaches.

Sorry had to change my profile but since it's basically brand new I'm gonna start with the safest of off roading. Don't exactly want to destroy my main vehicle or roll a 34k jeep lok

Just take it easy on the trails since it's your main vehicle and I agree, a $34k dollar vehicle is bit nice to wheel hard. Where I'm from (and I'm guessing here too) there are plenty of stock Jeep rides and I've even seen stock H3 Hummer and FJCruiser trail rides for those who want the experience of offroading but need to get to work the next morning using the same vehicle. Green trails will be your best bet.

I'm totally down. My wife and I are also taking our 2 rigs to RC this upcoming weekend May 3-4 if anyone wants a shakedown/test run before this event.

1. Stafford - prob camping fri/sat night
    2. hookedonthebay staying for food not sure about camping
    3. Kuntryboy816 - camping fri/sat nights - blues & greens
    4. Whatevah - food, no camping. Blue/green.
    5. Captain- Possibly camping Friday-Sat.
    6. Steve89YJ (if anyone has a passenger seat open!)
    7. Solomi + 1
    8. Tonka- camping saturday
    8. Shorebird guide green, blue, black food camping Sat
    9. TheDarkSide +1 Blue/Black Camping at least saturday
    10. Nandosjk +1 Camping fri/sat night
    11. Astape camping at least one night
    12. JKGray10- Blacks/Reds - Camping Fri/sat night
    13. JKGray10- Blacks/Reds - Camping Fri/sat night
    14. Mudflaps (will not be wheeling) +1 teen (will be riding with Shorebird) - Camping Sat night only/food
    15. KnoxRents +3 Rugrats - Camping Saturday night definitely/maybe Friday..not sure. Greens/Blues
    16. Surfrider +2. Camping Friday night. Green/ Blues
    17. Keith.eric. Greens/Blues. Maybe camping Friday night, not sure.
    18. Jeffsjk +3. parking lot crawler
    19. PatrickS - Blues/Blacks/Reds - Camping Saturday Night
    20. EmmyS - Greens/Blues - Camping Saturday Night

Welcome!

"You're only as tall as your lowest point"...keep that saying in mind when weighing the options of what to buy next.

I see many newer Wrangler's on base with 32-35's. Seems like a popular size. I'd start with getting bigger tires and a selectable front locker. Everything else will follow suit. Brands such as ARB, Eaton and Yukon come to mind.

Welcome to Delaware! :laughing: There's a bunch of great people on this forum. Looking forward to meeting you and the wife. Your truck sounds pretty awesome so post up some pics!!

You have a pretty good place to work on both of y'alls rigs since DAFB has that hobby shop/garage! I'm still trying to get my brother and cousin to get me into the shop down there some day. They are both in the Delaware Air National Guard. My cousin is a welder/fabricator yet I've been waiting for over a year for him to weld up my front bumper mounts. :doh:

Hey Jeremy,

The base does have a hobby shop but I only go there when I need a lift/alignment rack or it's just too darn cold to work in the driveway lol. The prices for DIY service there are a little more than I'm willing to pay since I can do 95% of the same stuff out of my garage.

If you ever end up making it to the Dover coffee meets I've heard about, I'd be glad to look at your welding needs. I accept payments in the form of Jack Daniels. :mrgreen:

Good morning Delaware.

My name is Patrick and my wife and I moved to Dover AFB last January. Previously from Minnesota, we're both outdoor adventurers and we get a high from offroading. My wife has the Jeep bug BAAAD, she's owned three Cherokees in 5 years. Her first XJ was a red 4 door '96 with a 4.0L and automatic. We lifted it while in college with a Rusty's short arm 4.5" kit and wheeled it with 33's for the longest time. Unfortunately we sold it just before we moved here to cut down on how many vehicles we brought to Dover. Once we got here we found another XJ in PA for $400 with a knocking 4.0L and began rebuilding that engine into a 4.7L stroker. It was an '89 and the RENIX fuel injection system was a mess to work with IMO, so we sold it and found a '98 XJ with the same knocking problem and a blown head gasket. A few months later we had the engine swap completed and the 4.7L stroker was dyno'd at 197rwhp and 299.7rwtq! The '98 XJ is still rocking the stock suspension until later this summer when we'll build a 4" long arm lift into the suspension and trim the fenders for 35's. I already have matching 6-lug Dana 44's with limited slips and 4.30 gears for it, so the D30 and Chry 8.25" will be pulled.

My main wheeling truck is a '96 Sonoma. Once formerly a 4.3L V6, automatic, 2wd... is now a 5.7L LS1 that I built a 4L65E for, manual NP241 transfer case and 3/4 ton axles from an F250. Dana 44 front, Dana 60 rear just strong enough to hold up to 37x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers. The 6ft bed took a beating one year in MN and was converted to a partial roll cage and flat bed housing dual AGM batteries and a 24gal fuel cell where the spare tire once was. This has been my money pit for almost 10 years. I built a custom winch bumper for the front out of 2" and 1.5" DOM, and plated the bumper with 0.200" bullet proof tank armor. You know...for when the zombies start shooting back. :mrgreen: It houses my 12k pound winch, power steering and tranny coolers.

Anyways, we're going to be stationed here for a few more years so I hope to meet a bunch of you and I look forward to finding out about more DE wheeling trips. Feel free to hit me up if you need any assistance with roll cage fabrication or need any PCM tuned with HPTuners. I work the 7-3:30 as an IT guy in Dover so normally my afternoons and weekends are free to off-road projects and tuning.

-Patrick

Hello Delaware!

First time member, though I've been lurking for awhile ever since my wife and I moved to Dover AFB last January '13. We brought with us from Minnesota my wife's stroker '98 XJ, and my '96 Sonoma with 3/4 ton axles and LS1.

I'm getting a few rigs together for this weekend, weather permitting. Leaving Saturday morning May 3 and returning Sunday afternoon May 4. If anyone is interested in joining the convoy to PA, we welcome the opportunity to meet new Delaware Jeepers. We will be camping Saturday night at Rausch Creek.

Also, if anyone needs off-road related garage work assistance, we moved to Delaware with pretty much everything you'd need to build a tube chassis from scratch. Looks like we'll be stationed here for awhile so I look forward to meeting the off-road community here in Delaware.