Posts by YJ_Will

I did my first shark fishing trip of the year in the Delaware Bay over the weekend. This was a couple weeks earlier then we targeted them last year and they're here already. We normally fish until dusk but we under estimated the action and ran out of bait around 2. The action should be hot and heavy until some time in August if the past season is an indication.

We may have room for a person of two in the future if anyone is interested.

I don't know if I'd go there again. The map they gave you had been photo copied so many times you couldn't make out any of the trail numbers, not that it mattered as the trails we were on didn't match the map any way. Half the trails we were on weren't on the map or if they were the placards on the trail head didn't match the map. All the trails on the map were numbered and half the trails were were on were called "Sector A, B, F" and so on. I suspect 50% of the trails we did may have been atv trails but the "Sector" trails were marked with the jeep sign but just weren't on the map.

I took my jeep to the car wash today and hosed it off and looked it over. I dented my cab corner, ripped off my CB antenna, bent my transfer case skid, dented the tube on my passenger rock rail, messed up my mirror mount, ripped off my driver side fender flair and bent the guard around my winch. I also have a new clicking sound in my drive train I have to find.

It was an interesting ride and I'm surprised my windshield made it out alive. I learn something new every trail ride and now know my winch works. I also think the windshield mounted lights may look cool but that is a bad place for lights in reality. I hit them and spun them so many times this weekend and both sides I see they are an accident waiting to happen. I was also going to change the rims on my jeep so the tires didn't stick out so much, that's no longer the case. The wide track protects the body.

[img width=1200 height=900]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.co…b9ce2a5c13ac1351a7a6e.jpg[/img]

[img width=1200 height=900]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.co…d7f5b7f1a93335f7ce92b.jpg[/img]

[img width=1200 height=900]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.co…b47d5e67a7b6e75cbde55.jpg[/img]

[img width=1200 height=900]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.co…a04e0442c17653fd0f2a5.jpg[/img]

[img width=1200 height=900]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.co…068056e7a842673253407.jpg[/img]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What time do you guys intend on rolling out tomorrow?

I'm loading up tonight and taking everything to work and rolling directly from work. I normally don't leave work until anywhere from 4-5 but I'm going to see if I can sneak out a little early. If I leave at my normal time I wouldn't make it up there until after dark and I don't feel like struggling in the dark to find this place.

I would have no issues with paying for my own campsite. You guys may prefer it due to my snoring. I was on a motorcycle trip across the country on a Dual Sport loop called the Trans American Trail. At one camp ground I woke up in the morning with everybody's tents about 50' away. The thing is we all started out plotted on one site within a 30' circle.

Do they assign camping spots ahead of time or is it a first come first serve situation?

I was contemplating chucking my Husky in the bed of my truck. I haven't ridden my dirt bike in a couple years. If they are doing demos I may have to chuck my helmet and goggles in the back seat either way.

Couple questions?

Has anyone rented/reserved a camp site yet?

The place lists the camp sites as primitive. How primitive? Can you get a truck and trailer to them, is there room for a truck and trailer at all of them or just the "Large Camper" one?
    I would probably just like sleep on my trailer or in the bed of my truck. I would not be averse to just sleeping in the parking lot if you can't pull up to the camp site.

I also see alcohol is prohibited. How stringent is this rule? Is this the letter of the law or do they look the other way as long as you don't act like an ass.

I also see I misinterpreted the fee. The rates change based upon week day versus weekend but it is a per day fee.

1. astape, there with the pete
    2. jkgray10 - camping
    3. 2000sahara- camping
    4. Gavan - also there with the Pete.
    5. willf650 - camping but have to return Sat. Night

I'll come along. Count me in as long as a couple Jeeps [size=2px] [/size]equivalent to mine come. I'll put in for Vacation today so I can head up Thursday right from work. I have to return Saturday evening, would like to be home by 8:30-9:30 pm.

What time do you guys expect to quit wheeling Saturday?

I intend on riding up the morning of. I've only been on one other trail ride where I was supposed to look for a white cj that never made it up there. Where do you guys intend on meeting for late comers that aren't camping?

Last time around I basically looked for Delaware license plates.

I also have a pack of cheap paper plates I will throw in my truck.

I'm contemplating this trip but I'm worried with a small group my jeep might be out gunned.

Do you guys plan on coming back Sunday due to the distance? This is a little far to ride up the morning of and leaving after.

According to what I read on the website it's not $27 a day. It's $27 for Friday through Sunday unless I'm reading it wrong.

I have a 7' heavy action fishing that I bought as a combo. The ad didn't have a very good description so I took a chance on the rod to get the reel. It is a Star Rod and probably along the lines of an ugly stick in feel and quality. If anyone wants it is yours. The rod is new and unused.

1. Sandtostand
    2. Gpw
    3. Deadfeat (Friday or Saturday Camping)
    4. altierior
    5. jkgray10 - camping
    6. Astape - camping in a pete---- Sleeping in the pete is not camping
    7. Kuntryboy816 - camping
    8. Keith.eric - Most likely not camping
    9. Tonka- Camping
    10. Willf650
    11. Daddanelena
    12. Slowpoke
    13. cj8 - camping Fri & Sat
    14. Shorebird - camping Sat.
    15. Skeets682 & Blades Rubi, bringing FRED for camping.
    16. Stafford - camping at least friday night, will stay saturday and get hammered if enough people are around
    17. Gren71- not camping but ill be bringing my wife and son...as long as there are beginner trailers that is.
    18. Captain II going to try and come up fri after work
    19. Dkirkley (tentative +1) - Friday, Saturday, drive back Sunday, I'll prob camp both nights
    20. nutrijeeper & TheDarkSide - only bringing one jeep, staying in the EconoLodge Sat night.
    21. Buster Stewart
    22. Cevs92. The jeep I will be in the owner has guided at Rausch before if we need him to.
    23 Stomper I will guide a group
    24 JkRanger 08
    25. Jeffsjk- Tentative
    -----

RED/BLACK
    1. GUIDE:
    2. altierior

BLACK/BLUE
    1. GUIDE: Slowpoke
    2. Deadfeat
    3. Buster Stewart
    4. Stafford
    5. Willf650- provided girlfriend isn't coming

BLUE/GREEN
    1. GUIDE: samdtostand
    2. Kuntryboy816
    3. Captain II
    4. Dkirkley
    5. nutrijeeper & TheDarkSide
    6. Cevs92. The guy I'm going with could be our guide

This is what the article you linked to said.

This is direct copy paste from the article. Maybe I read this out of context but this was a quote from some one from the Pine Barrens Preservation Alliance.

[color=rgb(51, 51, 51)][size=14px]"DEP's new signage program also appears to be causing some confusion for park visitors because the signs don't state what the restrictions on motor vehicle use are and also because the DEP has refused to release a map of permissible routes," [/size][/color]

But how can you trail ride on legal roads when the article you linked states they refuse to issue a map of legal roads.

I used to ride my street legal dirt bikes for miles in the pine lands. Unfortunately never new what was legal and what wasn't as far as roads. It would be a regular thing to cover 100 miles and only cross pavement 3-4 times during a ride.

If you decide to go stronger:
    "With Tom Wood's Custom Drive Shafts new “GOLD SEAL” universal joint, if the universal joint breaks, Tom Wood's Custom Drive Shafts will also **warranty** damage to the drive shaft!"

Note: I am not necessarily suggesting that this is the best option for your particular application, just offering the info to help you make an informed decision. I do, however, highly recommend Tom Wood's. Both my front and rear driveshafts as well as my SYE are from Wood's. In my experience, their customer service is exceptional.

That's where I'm going. I swapped a few emails back and forth with him about my current drive shaft with the advanced adapters SYE I planned on getting. He went out of his way to verify the dimensions of my current shaft and any alterations I needed. Due to his help I'm just going to order my SYE from him and will probably get a new drive shaft with it to have a spare.

As I said in my post questioning which SYE, he offers to change the length on one of his shafts and re-balance it for $70. That seems like a good deal and reason in itself to get one of his drive shafts if you intend on changing your jeep in the future.

As far as the rest of my jeep I do have a modified stock drive shaft in the front.

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a new sye adapter and will more than likely buy a new drive shaft and use the current one as a spare. The old one will technically work but should be slightly longer.

Because I'm keeping the flanges instead of yokes switching between the sizes/drive shafts in my jeep should be no issue.

There is $110 difference between the two. I see some people say 1350 all the way. Others say 1310 because they would prefer the drive shaft to break before the axle.

I currently have an 8.8 rear with 4.56 gears and a locker with 35" tires.

If you were to buy a new drive shaft would you get the 1350 size U joint or stick with the 1310?

Just to add to this if it comes up for someone in a search engine I contacted Tom Woods drive shaft and they told me the flanged outputs on the the drive shafts are substantially stronger then the yoke style. They also are capable of a little more flex before they bind.

Considering that I'm new to four wheeling in a jeep and the one ride I've been on so far someone snapped their yoke bolts I'm sticking with the flanges.

I will probably know Monday whether I need a different length drive shaft after I send a couple measurements back to Tom. If you have purchased one of his drive shafts he offers a service to alter the length and rebalance it for $70 including return shipping. This will be the route I'm going since this drive shaft was $350 in 2011.

I won't put my name in for which level group at this point.

I would say from the description you gave I would like to try the blue/black group

From Stafford showing me a "black" trail on the March ride and saying he has broken trying to do it twice I'm not sure.

I'm also trying to talk my girl friend into coming and I showed her the video from the March ride of my jeep on 3 wheels and she wants no part of four wheeling.
    Funny thing is she used to ride on the back of my motorcycle and likes riding two up on an atv but the jeep scares her.