Posts by YJ_Will

It's not the flange that is leaking it is the seal. You can't RTV a seal on a moving shaft. The previous owner replaced the seal once and it has started leaking again shortly there after.

The hack and tap basically pulls of the slip yoke and makes you cut off the shaft. It then places a seal in that flange on a section the shaft that never had a seal. The advanced adapters kit not only removes the slip yoke but also the speedo gear housing with a new housing with a seal in it and you also put in a new output shaft.

The difference is the hack and tap you can do it with everything still installed on the jeep. Other brands you have to pull the transfer case and take it apart.

I would prefer to pull it apart and be done with it if it is the better option then replacing a seal that will leak again shortly down the road.

I don't want to ask this on pirate 4X4 as I will hear a bunch of crap for asking a stupid question. Frankly, I've never screwed with a drive shaft or a transfer case aside from changing the oil.

My jeep has a Rubicon Express SYE kit also known as the hack and tap kit and the seal leaks badly. I want to replace it with an advanced adapters SYE kit as I see a lot of complaints on the internet about the hack and tap kits leaking. If its on the net it must be true, right?

This is the kit currently installed. [size=78%]http://www.morris4x4center.com…FbnA_vnkecfUGNhoC63bw_wcB[/size]

With the above kit installed I have a Tom Woods drive shaft that is flanged on both ends. The drive shaft is very similar to this one in appearance.

The standard Advanced adapters kit has a 1310 CV yoke on it and they have an option for a "1300 series flange". My question: Are all 1300 series flanges the same/share the same bolt pattern?

In the event that I order the 1310 CV yoke is this the part that is required to remove the flange on drive shaft to be able to use the CV yoke?
    [size=78%]http://www.dennysdriveshaft.co…entering_yoke_1310_s.html[/size]

Finally what would be your preference?
    I'm currently leaning towards keeping the flanged shaft as in my mind it would appear to be stronger. The bolts are larger and spread over a greater bolt pattern and I also already have the drive shaft for it.

I'm also leaning towards the advanced adapters kit as it appears to be made in the USA.
    Any opinions on this brand versus another?

I just clocked my jeep to see what kind of fuel mileage I was getting. It was better than I thought but still worse than my 1/2 ton pick up.

What kind of mileage are you getting?

My last tank was 14mpg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did my first fishing trip today where we actually were targeting stripers specifically. We went out in the Delaware River south of the canal and mainly caught catfish and a bunch of tiny spotted hake.

I did manage to get one striper and it was by far the largest one I've ever caught. Prior to this one my biggest to date was probably 24".

I won't say the action was hot. This was the only fish I saw landed in our vicinity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I took my newest kayak out for a cruise at lums last night before taking it to Cape Henlopen today.

The new yak is dog approved.

Do you guys go fishing?

They were in a 23'center console, stripers were piled up off of boy scout beach down towards Turkey Point. I'll be up the Elk on Sunday, I got pretty reliable reports of stripers, yellow and white perch and of course the big channel cats at the Elk/Canal split

If you expect to use fresh bunker pick it up tomorrow. We tried three bait stores last Sunday and no fresh bunker to be found. Also the main bait store I go to doesn't get bunker in on Sunday's and I assume that's the norm.

This happened to us last year too on a couple occasions. If you want fresh bunker for Sunday it's in your best interest to pick it up Saturday.

I'm contemplating coming but the fish are calling. I'm taking off tomorrow and going fishing and according to the weather its supposed to be even nicer Saturday and Sunday.

Would you guys haze me if I show up in my pickup with my kayak in the back? I can wear my newly acquired DEJA shirt and my pick up doesn't have any Sky Jacker stickers.

For sale $10 is an extra large dog life vest. It is new and has never been used and still has the tags on it. It was purchased for my 85# black lab so you can get an idea of the size. It has handles in the front and rear to lift your dog back into the boat.

Do you get concerned fishing for stripers in an area that is supposed to be a closed fishery?

I'm paranoid but have had some pictures of striper in Maryland sent to me these past couple weeks. One of which as right off the bank in the area you are talking about and another from Deer Creek in the Susquehanna. The Maryland striper fisheries map says both those areas were catch and release until the end of February and are currently supposed to be closed until June. I looked that up when I got a picture Monday from the bank of the Elk river. This paranoia and changing rules is the main reason I've never fished for stripers. I have also been stopped/hassled several times bass fishing on the Sasfrass. The DNR always makes a beeline towards me when they see an out of state registered boat. This fact has also made me more paranoid in Maryland.

Last year was a banner year for us and our first year hitting the saltwater hard. We upped our game big time when we started targeting sharks, we bought 4 new rods between my fishing partner and myself as we were greatly out classed. We were basically buying heavier rods and terminal tackle every week until we could land them consistently. Best one last year was 6 1/2'.

We do fish 2-4 times a week in the warmer months and stop generally in early December. We will fish local 1-2 times after work and then at least one bigger trip on the weekend. The bigger trip may be kayak or in a boat.

I've never specifically targeted stripers and have never caught one bigger than 24". I hope to change that this year but we shall see. I've been out 3 times in the past two weeks and got skunked twice down at Indian River Inlet, skunked in the Susquehanna and caught 3 perch and a catfish in the Delaware river after the skunk in MD.

I may be selling the one kayak in picture with the bluefish. If I do I will post it on the board here as well.

If I make it to this coffee trip introduce yourself. I may be fishing if its later in the month. I won't be hard to spot, I'm the short fat guy. This is getting off topic of the get together but good fishing this year.

I'm with you there Will! I hope to be fishing toward the end of the month as well if work allows, although whether it lights up seems to depend on the fish and they are, apparently, smarter than I am. They also have home field advantage. But sooner and Odessa are preferable.

Trust me, it will light up somewhere for something.

April-May

June-July

Aug-Sept

There always the fall back if the salt water isn't working out.

I have my year planned already. I'm hoping for another bluefish blitz this year.

You guys are overthinking how much I care about this Jeep. :mrgreen: I love it, don't get me wrong....but any Jeep I own will always be a beater.

That's my view as well. I used to take a picture of my dirt bikes when I bought them and so I remember what is was like as it would never look like it again. I drove my KTM 950 Adventure into a tree first time out and that was an expensive bike.

I hold my jeep about the same. Makes me feel better when I wind up breaking something.

Included in the surplus parts box that came with my jeep were these brackets.

Does anyone know what they are for?

Also included is what appears from an Internet search, to be a 200 watt CB amp. It's bigger than the CB and has 10 gauge power wires on it and looks like a finned heat sink. Do to the very limited info I can find on it I question whether it is even legal to use. Is there any need for this device in addition to the CB? The CB I bought says that it is 4 watts, if that is the case I assume 4 watts is sufficient due to the close range and limited antenna height.