Posts by Quantum73

Well, the day has come where I am no longer a Jeep owner, and in turn, a DEJA member come the end of the year (unless the bylaws change ;) ) I am sure the rig is in good hands and will see the use I had intended. It's been a blast over the course of many years here and perhaps I will see some of you in the future, even grabbing a right seat at a trail ride sometime. I have met some great folks, and I sure hope DEJA continues to bring people together. I still hope to make a meeting or event every now and then, particularly any camping trips in the MD/WV neck of the woods. :) As of Friday, my family will be living in MD, near Crownsville, and I will have a new job. Best part, my Wife gets to be a stay at home Mom. Selling the Jeep helped make that a reality. It was sad to see it go, but the fact is, our "fun" outings include the whole family and the TJ just couldn't accommodate that.

Time for an Expedition Unimog build. :8) Perhaps a nice 1960's 406 Doka... I will also try to post the latest M101 trailer build info as I am getting ready for a new project, bigger tent and some additional accessories. Seems that was always a popular thread.

o/

-Brian

PM's replied.

As a note, I will try and respect who shows interest first, but with the very low price as well as my need to get rid of them ASAP, cash is going to talk on this deal. TIA for understanding.

If anyone out there needs less than 5, I can use 3 of these (2 for trailer + 1 spare) leaving 2. Let me know if someone would be willing go this route...

How many miles, cuts/punctures/damage, and what is tread depth?

[size=78%]damn.. lol yea theyre going on a stock TJ[/size]

Ok, sorry for being scatter-brained atm. I do have a set (4) BFG Rugged Trail T/A in 265x70r16 off my Tacoma with less that 10k miles on them, even wear with no patches or damage. These should fit a stock TJ with no issues. PM me if you are interested in the set (tires/wheels) and what they would be worth to you.

What started life as a stock 2006 Jeep TJ Rubicon, has slowly evolved into the rig you see here. I bought this brand new in 2006. Along the way it has gotten a Clayton Long Arm Lift, 1 Ton axles, and a variety of accessories to make this a highly capable and reliable rig. The body is in great shape and the frame is 100% with no abuse. I built this to do fun wheeling and never have to worry about breakage. It has never been abused, not once. Additionally, this rig will roll down the highway at 75 MPH in complete comfort (for a Jeep lol) and control. No shakes, shimmies, alignment issues, bump steer issues, or Death Wobble. If you are looking for a beater rig, this isn’t it. If you are looking for a solid 2006 Rubicon that has the added benefit of some well-done and functional upgrades, then this is the rig you want. Currently sitting at 62k miles, located in central Delaware.

The 1 Ton axles were COMPLETELY rebuilt using 35 Spline CroMo shafts, and are better than the day they left the factory. The rig has about 3k miles since the 1 Ton axles were added so they have been broken in and have no known issues. The drive train is built for offroad use and to handle a future V8 conversion, which I never got around to. I have used it on Black/Red trails at Rausch Creek, and taking a 400 mile camping trip (with trailer) to WV with the family. This rig has simply never let me down. An added benefit, just renewed my 2 year DE inspection so should pass most anywhere you want to register it. And let me specifically say this, this Jeep should have no issue passing inspection anywhere in the US.

I have maintenance, parts, accessory, and labor receipts for everything since the day I bought it. I even have pictures of the axle rebuilds to prove the work was done. All work was done either by myself, AtoZ Offroad (Clayton Lift), or Aaron Stapen. It has always been properly maintained utilizing a severe offroad schedule, and has only ever seen quality synthetic fluids from Amsoil and Mobil-1. AC and heat both work perfectly. Absolutely no known issues on this rig and it was my Daily Driver up until about a year ago. I will supply the VIN to serious buyers so that they may confirm the Jeep details and history.

Now, I realize nobody ever gets the money they put in, back out of a vehicle like this. But, just to demonstrate the investment versus asking price, see below:

KBB Private Sale for 2006 Rubicon: $21,000
    Minimum Value of Work/Accessories: $14,000+
    Minimum Cost to Build Today: $35,000+
    *Asking Price: $20,000 OBO

All that being said, this is not a fire sale so don't bother with lowball offers. No trades, no delivery, cash preferred. If you want to pay by certified or bank check, it will be deposited and guaranteed cleared prior to any title or vehicle transfer so to the scammers, don't bother.

Contact me using PM or email: tlarue at gmail.com if interested and/or want additional details.

Details
    2006 Jeep TJ Rubicon
    4.0l - 6spd Manual
    Midnight Blue Pearlcoat w/Dark Slate Gray Interior
    62k miles
    Factory NSG370 6-Sp Manual Transmission
    Factory NVG241OR 4:1 Transfer Case

Suspension & Steering
    Clayton 5.5” Long Arm Kit
    Brackets from Ballistic, RuffStuff, & Clayton
    Clayton Rear Axle Truss
    Clayton Rear Outboarded Shock Mounts
    Bilstein 5125 Shocks
    Custom WFO 1 Ton Drag Link & Tie Rod (flipped), 1” DOM 1/4” Wall, 30 degree TRE
    Custom WFO Trackbar, 1” DOM 1/4” Wall, A1 Heims
    Custom Y-Link Steering Geometry (same as Currie setup)
    Stock Pitman Arm reamed for 1-Ton Drag-Link End
    Currie Front Antirock Swaybar
    Custom Rear Swaybar
    JKS Body Lift & MML
    Rubicon Express Bump Stops

Armor
    Clayton Engine and Transmission Skids
    Rokmen Hi-Clearance Gas Tank Skid
    Smittybilt SRC Front & Rear Bumpers, Rock Sliders
    RuffStuff Differential Covers
    Rockhard Bumper Frame Tie-In Bracket

Wheels, Tires, & Drivetrain
    Toyo Open Country MT 37x13.50r17 (90% tread minimum, even wear)
    H2 17x9 Wheels
    Brand New Spare (Matching Wheel & Tire)
    1989 Ford F350 HP D60 Front, Shortened 2.5” using '79 Short Side Inner Shaft
    1979 Ford F350 D60 Rear (Bored to Dana 70 ID to fit 35 Spline Shafts)
    Motive 5.13 Gears
    Coast Rear 1350 Drive Shaft and Yoke
    Coast Front 1330 Drive Shaft and Yoke
    Yukon 4340 CrMo 35 Spline Front Shafts (Inner & Stubs)
    Yukon 4340 CrMo 35 Spline Rear Shafts
    ARB Lockers Front & Rear
    Warn Premium 35 Spline Lockout Hubs
    Spare Teraflex 35 Spline Drive Flange Kit
    1989 Ford F350 Disc Brakes in Front (New Rotors/Calipers/Hardware for Axle Build)
    1986 Chevy K20 Disc Brakes in Rear using Ballistic Bracket (New Rotors/Calipers/Hardware for Axle Build)
    Raybestos Brake Components on all 4 corners
    Poly Performance Transmission Mount

Performance
    AEM Brute Force Intake and Spacer
    Thrush Shortie Full Exhaust (downturn behind Clayton skid, level with skidplate)

Recovery & Safety
    SuperWinch EPi9.0s (Amsteel line) with Rokmen Winch Plate
    Recovery Gear Bag with Tools & Stuff
    Big Fire Extinguisher
    ARB Hi-Flow Compressor with On-Board Air

Electrical, Lighting, & Communications
    sPod + Source with Air Gauge
    Cobra 75WXST CB with 3ft Firestik II (properly tuned)
    IPF Conversion Headlights with Fat Boy Bulbs
    Optima Yellow Top Battery
    Hella 500 Driving Lights
    Kenwood Excelon KDC-X596 CD Receiver
    Polk DB Marine Series 5 ¼“ Front & 6 ½” Rear Speakers
    Rockford Fosgate 6-3/4" Punch Sub-Woofer (Center Console)
    Pioneer GMX-374 4 Channel 400W MOSFET 4-Channel Amp
    Rockford Fosgate Punch PBR500X1 Subwoofer Amp
    Jeep 6-Disc In-Dash Factory CD Unit (Separate, In perfect working order)
    Dome Light Bypass Switch

Other Stuff
    Xenon 6” Flat Fender Flares
    Wet Okole Heated Seat Covers
    Powdercoating by Cory at TC
    Mirror Movers
    Bestop HighRock Tire Carrier
    Bestop Soft 2-Piece Doors with Windows
    CIPA Auto-Dimming Mirror with Compass and Temp
    Roll Cage Grab Handles
    1 ½” Seat Risers (included)
    RainGear Full Cab Cover (like new)
    [size=1em]Bestop Urban Camo Bikini Top[/size]
    Bestop Supertop (Tinted Windows)
    Factory Hardtop (Tinted Windows)
    Factory Rear Seat (like new)
    Factory Roll Cage
    Locking Gas Cap Cover
    Locking Hood Latches
    Bestop Door Sill Protectors
    All-Weather Floor & Cargo Mats
    Hitch Wiring Kit (4-Pin)

If you buy new, much much more than this. If you don't get all the bells and whistles, less. There are turn key rigs out there for around $10k. Just gotta follow up and ensure those rigs have the spency parts already :) some rigs have enough of them, others don't have any.

It honestly looks like there's the potential for it to cost wayyyyy more money and time than is warranted.

Really depends on what you want to do with the axles. If you completely rebuild them as I did, with the intention of using them on the street and not having issues, 8k - 10k is probably about right (without hydro). You can sure do it for less, but I would only do that on a trail rig. Just because it is a D60 doesn't necessarily mean it was done properly for how you intend to use it. Get the receipts...

Just FYI, last fall I picked up a Canon EOS Rebel T3i 20MP with almost the exact package from Sam's Club for around ~$450 then qualified for a very cheap 55-250 telephoto lens from Canon direct. I also went ahead and got a 64 GB card and a couple extra batteries for it. My Wife and I have been VERY happy with the performance, and the cost didn't break the bank...

A\T's are much different than Duratracs. Better comparison would be the Mud Terrain(KM2's) to the Duratracs. I will tell you that my KM2's SUCK in snow, rain, and ice! But that just makes me do what everyone should do..slow down!
    When it comes time to replace, I'm looking at Mickey Thompsons or the Duratracs.

No, just no... But whatever. Lol. To the OP, just do your own research and talk to people that have actually run both tires.