Posts by Andy in Pa

I have been liking my 37" Creepies. I have tried/been denied on Shoot the Moon numerous times when I ran the old style 35" MTR's. The creepies went right up. I believe there is a 35 for a 15" rim also. They are heavy though, and sticky-up really quickly in the rocks too. D30 axle shafts may not survive long.

Their entire team is very experienced at the tricky stuff. The other guys have done comps before and I think the first time I met Andy he was wheeling on upper blacks at Paragon back in 2006. His XJ had a full body back then, though... :)

There is a vid of me on here... cool.
    :wavey:
    I had fun at the comp. I was told that the courses were set up so that 90% of the class 1 and 2 rigs would score in the 30's if they "played it safe" (took a few cone penalties/back-ups). It seems that most did not approach the comp that way, hence the high number of rollovers.

The one XJ that flopped on A3 was because he blew a bead on his drivers side rear tire just as he was getting REALLY off camber attempting the bonus line.

Yes... you won't get any MORE pressure by putting in an adjustable prop valve, but you should be able to dial back on the pressure a bit to keep your tires from locking up. Just be VERY careful and make sure the prop valve is clean, the orifices are very small in adjustable prop valves, and it takes next to nothing (tiny piece of teflon tape... ask me how I know...)to clog it up, and you'll have NO brakes in the rear. I did this same swap... took out the factory prop valve and just ran the lines direct to the calipers, and put an adjustable prop valve on the line to the rear. It took some tuning (and a few panic stop tests), but it worked well on the road.

No problem gents... if any of you want to go for two weekends in a row, we are basing an "unofficial" trail run out of Twin Grove CG this coming weekend (9-10th, yes the first day is Friday)... complete with a catered October-Fest meal Saturday night. We are trying to keep it small (max of 30 trucks) but if anyone wants to come out, let me know. It will mostly be XJ's but there will be a smattering of every other type of acronym that Jeep made too. The plan is to have some fun, and hope that some rock crawling breaks out during the day. :beer:
    Here is the info...
    http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1003554

A.

I hope you all don't mind me injecting my $.02, but I saw this and felt compelled to warn you about Echo Valley, sorry if it offends anyone, but my club gave Echo Valley a real chance and brought them quite a bit of business for two years in a row, and we won't be back.

Is this the first time you all have stayed at Echo Valley? Echo Valley is close and convenient, but the club I run with (NAXJA) based our event (NAC-Fest) out of there two years in a row, and I was sooo tired of listening to complaints about the management at Echo Valley from our attendees, that we moved the event over to Twin Grove Park Campground this year. The last time we had our event there, this was my experience. They gave away the trailer I rented (months earlier) TWO DAYS before my arrival... Judy gave it to someone that wanted to rent it for 6 months.... her comment to me was "Sorry, it was just good business..."... and on top of that, she kept my security deposit because SHE forgot to charge me tax for the dump my wife and I ended up staying in. That was just my pseronal experience, I could go on and on with the list of complaints I heard about Echo Valley from other attendees of NAC-Fest, but suffice it to say that there is a better MUCH nicer place to stay that is just a little bit further away. Twin Grove Park Campground has a Group Tent area that they let us reserve ($100 deposit that we get back, and it costs $10/person/night to tent camp there), AND they have a restaurant, store, breakfast, and most recently, they sell beer too. The bathrooms are VERY nice and clean too. They also have LOTS of gazebos and such to have a BBQ or gathering. Heck, they will even cater your BBQ. They also have cabins to rent too. Twin Grove is about 4 miles from the next exit south on Rt81 from RC.

So just a heads up, there are MUCH MUCH better (and probably cheaper for tent campers) options out there. And no, I am not an employee at Twin Grove, just a fellow wheeler that has already had the Echo Valley "experience".

I don't know how many folks here belong to NAXJA (nationwide XJ/MJ club), but we are having our big North Atlantic Chapter (Nac) event June 21-24th. If your a member or would like to become a member, come on out. Members can bring along a friend as well. Our home base is going to be Echo Valley Campground, and we'll be having a BBQ and raffle on Saturday afternoon/evening. We expect approx. 50-60 various shapes/sizes of XJ's and MJ's to be in attendance this year, as well as a fair mix of members bringing friends in other rigs from TJ's to a full size comp-cut Dodge Ram on 40's!!. We'll be running all levels of trails at RC. Its always a good time.

Here is the link to the info:
    http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=913751

And here is the Nac-Fest Forum if you have any questions:
    http://www.naxja.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181

Thanks,
    Andy