Posts by Subvet

Trail report for RC on 03/22/08

We met up at RC about 8:30, and broke up into 2 groups.
    First group of 5: Subvet, Knoxrents, Fzmax, Andrew, & Mike.
    Second group of 4: Whatever, alexetremetj w/xjeepness, Mike, big red Cherokee.

There were some challenges on some of the roads leading to RC due to the morning Snow. Especially Altierior. Solomi had to turn around and headed back home.

We all finally left for the trail just around to 9:30AM.

Was a nice day at RC, had about 3” of fresh snow covered ground contributed to a challenging and picturesque trail ride.

This portion of the trail report will cover the ride my group did today (Subvet, Knoxrents, Fzmax, Andrew, & Mike.).

We headed down toward the old entrance, L3 and hit the hill climbs on 6.

Minutes into the trail ride, I get a call, that Whatever broke his front driveshaft, he was taken to the staging area, removed his driveshaft and headed home on 2wd.

Next we went onto B hitting the black loop on the way to trail 2 and Crawler’s ridge.
    Paused at the ridge then onto the south property D, E, J onto 10B.
    We then transversed onto the various 18 trails where Andrew bent his tierod.
    Not to be out done by Andrew, Knoxrents somehow manages to get his new exhaust hung up so that had to come off.

I get another phone call and Altierior finally made it to RC and he joined the other group who was closer to him on trail 2.
    We moved onto 10 and 13 then 11 and 15.
    Then onto Big Rocks to play a bit where my front axle decided to snap.
    The second group met up with us as we did the trail repair (axle replacement).

Other than the damage that incurred today, it was a great run overall.
    As always, most any day on the trail is a great day

I think that about covers it.
    If I missed anyone or anything…let me know.

Trail report for RC on 02/23/08

We met up at RC about 8:30, and broke up into 3 groups.
    First group: Subvet & naughty, Knoxrents & cj8, J-man & friend.
    Second group: Fzmax, Andyzj, Schiaradonna.
    Third group: whatever, Andrew?, and 4 jeeps from MD.

Jerry's group took off first, My group was close behind.
    Wayne ran a little late and his group were on the trail shortly after us.

Was a nice day at RC, the fresh snow covered ground contributed to a challenging and picturesque trail ride.

This portion of the trail report will cover the ride my group did today (Subvet & naughty, Knoxrents & cj8, J-man & friend).

We headed thru trail K and F onto trail 5 slid around here and there…traction was a rare item today.
    It was here we had our first trail damage…Jman placed 2 holes in the sidewall of his front tire.
    He was able to patch it up with the help of Billy’s tire plug kit, using only 3 plugs, pressed the tire back up with the CO2 tank and we were on our way.
    We then went onto B to get onto trail 4 & yellow jacket ridge.
    Onward we headed to Trail 2, the frog hole and crawlers ridge…Our second trail damage occurred due to my TJ having a high affinity for trees today…resulting in a small ding and cracked taillight housing…and for some reason my tie-rod did not want to stay straight.
    Going down Crawlers ridge made for more excitement when Billy was attempting to do an endo in his TJ (which he did do, much to his surprize)…we all made it down taking slightly different lines.
    After sliding down the ridge, we paused for lunch.
    After throwing sandwiches down the throat, we took a nice easy scenic ride in the snow to the south property via the 101 trail to Lake Christy.
    The hills at the lake were much more challenging than usual.
    Most of them were a sheet of thick ice covered in snow.
    That was a good time to move on onto trail 21…had to finish the challenge of 21 where we did not finish last month in the ice & snow.
    Alas, with more snow today than last month, trail 21 was not at all any easier but we got thru it today.
    We paused at Camel Back for a few mins on the way to Snakebite.
    It was here where our last trail damage off the day occurred.
    You guessed it…Jman did not let us down and sheared one bolt off his rear drive shaft.
    Ahhh.. Duct tape the universal tool was wrapped around the u-joint so we could get off Snakebite and onto a green trail.
    At this point, we called it day and headed back toward the staging area played around on some icy rock piles and the snow covered comp course then packed it up for the day.

Other than the slight trail damage that incurred today, it was a great run overall.
    As always, most any day on the trail is a great day

I think that about covers it.
    If I missed anyone or anything…let me know.

PIC to Come

[quote author=Shiprekd ]
    Missy (office) and I are the closest to the park. Right now there's 5-6 inches on the ground and still have about 2" of ice/sleet in the forecast before the morning.

The ridge RC is on should have a bit more than we have so expect a good bit of snow and sliding down the hills :O}
    Expect to have to put whatever your driving in 4wd when getting onto Molleystown road - especially from the 104 exit side of 81.
    [/quote]

Sounds like a its a go!

It all depends on what engine & tranny you have.
    If you have a 6cyl and a 3sp Auto 3.73 is fine for 33's especially for a DD.

if you have a 4sp auto, then you will loose some use of your overdrive
    If you have a manual, you will loose some use of 5th gear.

If you have overdrive, 4.10 is more of an ideal gear for it.