Posts by SG1998

If anybody is interested, i'm trying to sell 4 wheels off of a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. The vehicle has 5500 miles on it. No damage to the wheels. They are 20" wheels but I don't know the rest of the specs like backspacing, etc. A reasonable offer would take them. Tires not included

I wanted to send out a HUGE Thank You to ShadyLuke for repairing my frame! He does excellent work and I would highly recommend him. He installed 4 Autorust parts for me (both center sections at the skid plate, and both rear trailing arms). He took the time to come down and trailer my jeep to his house (due to a broken control arm), and was nice enough to pick me up yesterday when I couldn't find a ride up to his house. The down time was only about a week and a half. Again, thank you to Luke.

I just wanted to check and see if anybody else had any recommendations for shops , or people, who can weld those auto rust products. I'm in North Wilmington, and was trying to find somebody close. One of my rear upper CA's broke off at the frame, so I don't know if I can drive it far safely. XJ318 offered to but he is in Elkton, and again, I don't know if I want to drive it that far without the CA.

Astape is booked up till the end of August at least. I don't mind waiting because it sounds like he is HIGHLY recommended, but it's driving me nuts staring at the jeep in my driveway! If anybody knows anybody let me know. Thanks.

I am replacing my control arms, and bushings. I was able to remove the front upper control arm bushings from both axle mounts. One was easy, one was a nightmare. I am trying to get two new ones (OEM style) back in so I can finish hooking up the two control arms. I have had NO luck. I can't get them to go in straight, and have now damaged two new ones (warped them from going in crooked). I have tried everything..... WD40, freezing them overnight in the freezer, a ball joint press, a homemade all-thread / washer / metal / pieces of pipe... with no luck. I am way passed frustrated and am looking for any help out there.

If I can get ONE in I will be happy and take it to a shop nearby and get them to do the other. But I can't drive it without any front uppers attached. If anybody has any ideas, suggestions, moral support, it would be appreciated..... before I start breaking stuff.

I'm in the North Wilmington area. It's a 98 TJ, manual, 4.0, 6 cyl.

If anybody has any stock control arms (front / rear; upper / lower) laying around, that are in good shape, that would fit a 98 TJ, let me know. Looking for some.