Posts by SG1998

[size=13px]Hopefully I can get some advice or help! I am trying to install an Old Man Emu Steering Stabilizer SD40 and am having problems with the new hardware. [/size]
    [size=13px]I have a 1998 TJ Sahara, previous owner had a 4" suspension lift, Rancho, on it. It's kind of old, and the ride isn't great so I wanted to replace a little bit at a time. I bought the SS, seems like it has good reviews, and has improved some people's ride. I don't want to start an argument about which SS's are better, or if they are even worth replacing... just giving a background. [/size]
    [size=13px]I was able to get the old SS off without any major issues. Of course the thing doesn't come with any instructions, and I have searched the forums without any luck. Apparently you are supposed to re-use the bolt from the axle bracket location (which I did and it fit fine). [/size]
    [size=13px]The bolt that I removed from the old SS (not tapered) is smaller in diameter than the OME one (which is tapered). So I can not fit the new bolt into the drag link. And I can not re-use the old bolt, because the bushing is bigger on the new SS and the bolt is too small for it. Has anybody had any luck installing these things, or have any pictures of an install? [/size]
    [size=13px]Should I drill out the hole on the dragline to make the new bolt fit? Thanks for any help guys! I'll try to post some pictures[/size]

If anybody is interested in this dual tube front bumper with hoop, black, unknown brand, come get it. I am trying to get rid of it, or it's going in the trash. It was on my 98 TJ. It has a small dent on the front passenger side, upper tube. Other than that it is in good shape.

The oil looks good, no milky residue on the cap or around it. I haven't done a compression test, i'll look into that. And I read somewhere to look for bubbles in your engine coolant overflow container when the engine is running. There were no bubbles. I will have to do more investigating

So I noticed a slow leak that is dripping from the area between the oil pan and trans. Its green. Seems to be leaking possibly from the head gasket. It looks like it is coming from just the driver's side of the engine, and running down towards the rear. I can't find any hoses leaking.
    I'm no mechanic. Does this sound bad? expensive fix? It doesn't seem to be much, and my fluid levels are not low. I just don't want it to get worse. Any help? Thanks

I swapped my tires today, so I have some that I would like to get rid of. I have (4) 33x12.50 R15 (BF Goodrich All Terrain), and (1) 32x11.50 R15 (BF Goodrich Mud Terrain). The 32 was a spare and looks like it was never used. The 33s still have tread (used a quarter in the pictures to show the tread). I think one of the 33's is already spoken for. Make an offer. Just trying to get rid of them.

If anybody wants the fender flares that I just took off my TJ, make an offer. I don't know what brand they are. Hardware is not included. No damage.

Just thought I'd throw this youtube link out there for anyone who has the same problem I had. My tailgate was almost impossible to open and close. I had to push really hard just to move the thing. Found this video online and it worked like a charm. Might be common knowledge, but I never would have thought to do it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I am definitely interested in bringing it back down. Do you think it would be easier / more cost effective to take it back to stock, or maybe bring it down to a 2" lift of some kind? I ordered some 31" Goodyear Duratracs that should be in soon. So if you know anybody that might need some 33s with not a whole lot of tread on them. Let me know

I will check the tire pressure