Posts by SG1998

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum, but are rear seatbelts required for inspection (TJ) ? Can you remove them if you don't have the rear seat in? I don't remember them ever really looking inside my car during inspection, but you never know.

Thanks for all the replies so quickly! Do you guys know anybody who has taken off a lift to go back to stock? Did they notice a big difference? Thanks for the offer E-Rock, I may take you up on that!

Looking for advice.....
    I bought a used 1998 TJ, that had (i think) a 4" Rough Country suspension lift on it. It's got 33" BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A's with not a whole lot of tread left. I'm not a huge fan of the way it rides, compared to a stock one that I had a few years ago. I was thinking of just taking the lift off, to make it stock again, and putting 31's on it. Maybe down the line I could go up an inch or two with a budget lift. Or just keep it stock.
    Would anybody suggest doing this.... or not doing this for any reason? And does anybody know a company or people that would do the work? Thanks!

I would like to get rid of my tan 1-piece hard top that fits my 1998 TJ (I don't know what other years it fits). It seems to be in good condition. A couple of nicks here and there. I don't know how old it is. Tint on the windows, has an interior light above the back window. The wiper and defrost work as far as I know. Let me know if you're interested. I'm open to offers. It's just taking up space at this point.

Hello All,

My name is Scott, and I just joined this site. Nice to meet you all, seems like there is tons of useful info on here. I just purchased a used 1998 TJ Sahara. I was looking to see if anybody might have one of those third brake lights that go on the spare tire carrier. I will be needing it to go through inspection. I had a 2004 Sahara, but got rid of it a few years ago (not because I wanted to). I failed inspection once because I did not have the third brake light.

So if anybody might have one for sale, or if you have one sitting around - maybe I can give you a few bucks to borrow it for inspection, please let me know. Thanks and I look forward to the site.

I'm in the north Wilmington area.

Scott