Posts by Mack293

I just took a second glance on the passengers side and was able to locate the harness to tap into! It was sandwiched between the canister and the tub. After some struggling, the harness became free enough to be able to do what was needed. The plugs were wrapped with foam that had a sticky back to it. I relocated the trailer wire harness to the passenger side and bingo! I tested all of the functions first with a test lead with success and then hooked it up to my trailer also with success!!!

Thanks everyone for your assistance! You were all a huge help!

I did partially remove the inner wheel wheel on the passenger side and didn't see anything. Captain, not sure if I understand what you mean by the "canister". Aaron, I did take a test light and check functionality. My guess is that the wire harness may need to be relocated to the passengers side. All lights on the trailer are LED. I hooked up the trailer to my service truck to be sure it wasn't the trailer and all trailer functions work properly when hooked up to my service truck. The trailer wire harness I bought is specific of the 03-06 Model Year TJ. It does say to plug the harness inline with the passengers side vehicle wire harness. When I didn't see anything on the passengers side, I checked the drivers side and it was right there. Figured maybe for the 04's it was different. I'm thinking I may be wrong.

Steve,
    I did think of that and did upgrade the flasher under the dash with an LED one. I also did an LED upgrade to pretty much everything on the Jeep (except the headlights). Those are still a bit salty and will have to be worked into the budget. After I swapped out the Flasher Module I tried it all again with the same result. :shrug:

[size=13px]I purchased an aftermarket plug n play trailer wiring harness for my 04 Wrangler. The instructions state to plug it inline with the passenger side tail light assembly. However, I was not able to find the plug on the passenger side. I looked on the drivers side and found what I was looking for. After plugging it in line not all of the functions work properly when the trailer is hooked up. The trailer is wired up properly. Obviously I must be doing something wrong. Is there somewhere else I can look for the passenger side factory harness to plug into? Any assistance is appreciated.[/size]

Selling off some parts to projects that I no longer have. All items were known working when pulled from service. Shipping is additional.

[li]Newer ZJ Headlight Switch Assembly $35.00[/li]
      [li]Brand New CJ/YJ Brackets that attached the Soft Top Frame B Post to the Belt Rail $15.00[/li]
      [li]Used CJ/YJ Bumperette $10.00[/li]
      [li]Used CJ Windshield Brackets $30.00[/li]
      [li]Used CJ Volt Meter $5.00[/li]
      [li]Used CJ Speedo Cluster $35.00[/li]
      [li]Used CJ Oil Gauge $5.00[/li]
      [li]Brand New CJ Indicator Lamps $20.00[/li]
      [li]Used CJ Stainless Steel Grab Handle $25.00[/li]
      [li]Used CJ Stainless Steel Glove Box Lid $25.00[/li]

Linky to the Pics of the items:http://s91.photobucket.com/alb…k293/Misc%20Jeep%20Parts/

[size=13px]Looking for a few items to help outfit my newly acquired 2004 TJ[/size]

[li][size=13px]Soft Doors (Color isn't an issue)[/size][/li]
      [li][size=13px]Safari Top[/size][/li]
      [li][size=13px]Mirror Relocation Brackets[/size][/li]
      [li][size=13px]Tuffy Center Console (for down low or up high)[/size][/li]
      [li][size=13px]Nerf Bars[/size][/li]

[size=13px]Any leads would be greatly appreciated.[/size] :wavey:

I'm currently banging my head trying to figure out the current electrical issue with my 98 ZJ. :bang: When I turn on the headlight switch, the only thing that comes on is the headlights. I have no fog lights, front parking lights, anything in the back or dash lights. When I put the head light switch over to the "Auto" Position, nothing happens. I tried a brand new headlight switch with nothing at all comes on. I checked all of the obvious stuff and it all seems in order and ok. Apparently there is no relay that turns it all on. I'm looking for some direction. Is there another module that would have an effect on this if it went out? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I'm thinking about selling the hard top and doors from my 84 CJ7. I have a soft top and doors now that fit like a glove and better than hard top and doors would during the winter months. The following was all done by the previous owner of the CJ.

Hard Top
    It is in relatively good condition. Just needs a little TLC. Fiberglass work was done to replace rotted out parts of the top. There is still a crack in the lower right side of the top that needs some attention. The side glass was replaced along with the gaskets just before I bought the CJ. The rear hatch is rotted out along the inside bottom portion. The Locking mechanism needs work as well. The easiest option may be to just replace the rear hatch and teh locking mechanism. The hard top was spraybombed black.

Hard Doors
    They are in good shape as well. The glass is good, just needs cleaned up from some overspray when the doors were repainted forrest green. The latching mechanism accepts the striker pin style. The window crank on both doors could use some TLC as well. They work, just a little rough at times. The interior trim on the doors is in good shape as well.

No keys are available for the hard doors or the hard top. I'm thinking $75.00 for the hard top and $250.00 for the doors. I'm open to trades as well for (4) or (5) All Terrain Tires that are inspectable, 31X10.5 size and fit on stock CJ Rims.