Posts by nutrijeeper

Come donate to charity & win some money while you do it! Pregame a little before DEJA's Membership Party!

The Food Bank of Delaware is hosting a cornhole tournament in January- competitive and recreational teams are welcome! It would be great if we could get together some DEJA teams.

The registration is $50/team, which includes 4 drink tickets. Proceeds will benefit the Food Bank of Delaware. Winning teams will win up to $500. Food and drinks will be available for purchase.

When: Saturday, January 20, 2018, starts at 11am
    Where: 222 Lake Drive, Newark, DE (the future home of the Food Bank of Delaware!)

1. Sandtostand
    2. Gpw
    3. Deadfeat (Friday or Saturday Camping)
    4. altierior
    5. jkgray10 - camping
    6. Astape - camping in a pete
    7. Kuntryboy816 - camping
    8. Keith.eric - Most likely not camping
    9. Tonka- Camping
    10. Willf650
    11. Daddanelena
    12. Slowpoke
    13. cj8 - camping Fri & Sat
    14. Shorebird - camping Sat.
    15. Skeets682 & Blades Rubi, bringing FRED for camping.
    16. Stafford - camping at least friday night, will stay saturday and get hammered if enough people are around
    17. Gren71- not camping but ill be bringing my wife and son...as long as there are beginner trailers that is.
    18.Captain II going to try and come up fri after work
    19.Dkirkley (tentative +1) - Friday, Saturday, drive back Sunday, I'll prob camp both nights
    20. nutrijeeper & TheDarkSide - only bringing one jeep, staying in the EconoLodge Sat night.

-----

RED/BLACK
    1. GUIDE:

BLACK/BLUE
    1. GUIDE:
    2. Deadfeat

BLUE/GREEN
    1. GUIDE:
    2. Kuntryboy816
    3. Captain II
    4. Dkirkley
    5. nutrijeeper & TheDarkSide

1. Stafford - gametime decision on camping or hotel based on weather
    2. Whatevah - likely camping both Friday and Saturday nights
    3. Slowpoke - Sunday - Blues and Blacks
    4. Sandtostand - camping - I will take a 101 group (maiden voyage, excited to get jeep on the trail since long arm install)
    5. Kuntryboy816 - tentative due to a few minor issues
    6. JKGray10 - Watching comp - Sunday Hard stuff if jeep is ready.
    7. Erager84 - mild trails, booked hotel room (2 queens) for Saturday night if anyone wants to split it
    8. Knoxrents - Hard stuff
    9. Lisel - (Tentative) - Easy Stuff
    10. Astape - hard stuff
    11. JMack - camping, I may have a new guy with me so I may stick to the 101 group
    12. Tonka- camping, hard stuff Sunday.
    13. cj8 - camping Friday & Saturday, Blue
    14. Beachgirl and surfrider riding shotgun - Tentative , camping depending on weather.
    15. Skeets682 - Blkrubi. With FRED the rolling dog house (rv)
    16. jkjeeper - I'm up for the 101. I'll probably camp, and I might bring my jeep dog.
    17. altierior - Hard stuff
    18. Shorebird - Saturday help with or watch club comp, Sunday help with 101 or Blue/Black
    19. dkirkley - Saturday to spectate possibly, Sunday 101 course definite, unsure about camping
    20. nutrijeeper & TheDarkSide- coming up Friday evening, spectating @ the comp on Sat, 101 course on Sunday, staying in a hotel

[size=4]I just got my first Jeep a couple of weeks ago, so TheDarkSide (Andy) and I have been working on getting it trail-worthy. Our goal was to spend 1K or less, and have it able to ride on the highway and easy-ish trails. When I bought it from his younger sister, it had 276K miles and 235/75/15 tires, no window in the back hatch, and a singular, though unfortunate rust hole. Andy previously replaced a piston in it, but that's basically all that had been done to it.[/size]

[size=4]Since we got it, we've done this: added a couple leaves from a YJ spring pack to the rear (adding 1.5" lift over stock), [/size][size=large]wheel adaptors, new (to us) JK wheels, 255/75/17 tires, 1" coil spacers to the front, used 1 hockey puck on each side to the lower coil spring bucket to extend the bump stops, and removed the fender flares and trimmed the wheel openings to fit, replaced the back hatch with one that actually has glass in it (and the rear wiper works!!!). We had a mystery issue of it not wanting to start on occasion, so we added a flip-switch start which works great when the key doesn't (the girls at work said, "hey, it's like a Prius now!" ...no. Just no.)[/size]

[/size][size=4]Before, with Andy's little sister driving:[/size][size=large]

[/size][size=4]After, much improved, sans teenager, with the extra jeep skin laying in front:[/size][size=large]

[/size][size=4]Below, is the transformation in stages:[/size][size=4]Looking doofy with JK wheels and tires that have no room:[/size][size=large]

[/size][size=4]Installing spacers and bump stops:[/size][size=large]
    [img width=675 height=1200]http://i393.photobucket.com/al…13_132901_zpsxxtvvmbf.jpg[/img]

[img width=675 height=1200]http://i393.photobucket.com/al…13_133918_zpsxbmzccfx.jpg[/img]

[/size][size=4]After the fender flare came off, gross:[/size][size=large]

[/size][size=4]My man cutting stuff up:[/size][size=large]
    [img width=675 height=1200]http://i393.photobucket.com/al…13_151215_zpstb2ylrzs.jpg[/img]

[/size][size=4]Looking even doofier, without the back cut:[/size][size=large]

[/size][size=4]A lot less doofy here, but still before Andy cut the front bumper: [/size][size=large]

[/size][size=4]Close-up of the cut in the front:[/size][size=large]

[/size][size=4]We came pretty darn close to our 1K budget, and we have a couple of other things we want to do first. So far, I'm pretty happy with it! Excited to take it to Rausch in April![/size][size=large]

[size=3]Quite a few people have mentioned that they love my DEJA zipper jacket. I love it too! Thanks, folks!

I made my DEJA zipper jacket from a DEJA hoodie. I took it in a couple inches on both sides, and added a zipper down the middle. I'll do the same to your's for $20. In the picture below, the "before" is on the right, and the "after" is on the left.[/size]

[size=3]Or, if you'd rather, I can take it in without adding a zipper; change the hood into a collar; add elbow patches if you want to pretend you're a liberal arts professor from the 70's.[/size][size=medium] [/size] :spinrhead:
    [size=medium][/size]
    [size=medium]I also hem pants, fix buttons, and patch jeans. I take cash or Paypal. Help a girl out, the new wheels and tires for my XJ didn't pay for themselves.[/size]

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] that is hilarious

Congratulations! Love the color. Do you have any plans for it or are you just keeping it as is? Anything need fixing or updating?

The to-do list so far is:

I've got to get a new back window, or a new hatch that has a back window; rip out the interior and bedline it; 2 inch lift (I think); new tires; there's a big rust hole somewhere that needs fixing.

Also, I hate the color. [emoji53] but I'll live.

Hello everybody! I am finally getting a Jeep; it's about time. This is Sarah, Andy's (TheDarkSide) girlfriend. I'm getting a 1998 XJ from his little sister. It's beat and old, but it's a Jeep!