Posts by rockDAWG

I will report back my finding in the coming weeks.

:sshh: I have been driving the TJ around the block without a plate, and need to make a trip to DE for a new muffler and pipe.......... Knowing my luck, I always get stopped, when I forget to bring my wallet. Not very often, may be once in 10 years. :bang:

2000 TJ 4.0 L Manual. I can't seem to find the replacement parts for the AC hose. Not sure what it calls, but I know it is not the discharge hose that goes to the passenger side of the lower radiator. This hose is coming from the canister below the power steering pump (driver side) and crosses the engine to the fire wall side canister (near the oil filter). Anyone have any suggestions.

Someone on the net has mentioned that this parts must order from Chrysler. So this will be my last resource.

TIA

That is a bummer. I have taken our family cars to Forester for years. They do things by the book, I don't know if they will cut me some slack on the TJ. But I can ask Glenn before I take it there. Thanks.

Hmmm. I am not sure if I need to re-inspect my TJ to put her back on the road. I bought it new in 2000 and had MD plate. I have long arms and other stuff. Then put the Jeep in the warehouse for about 10 years. I turned in my plate long ago. But I still have the MD title.

I wonder if I can get a MD plate?

Dark tan is the official color. Yes, it is an OEM top.

I also have a Bestop Halftop. Very good condition.
    https://www.4wd.com/p/1997-Jee…ZvsN8qU3FZA0aApNbEALw_wcB

Damn I don't believe how much junk I have collected over 13 to 17 years ago for this tiny Jeep of mine. More junks to come, like

1. Old quickair for your ARB locker
    2. Tuffy under rear seat steel storage locker
    https://www.extremeterrain.com…ar3=yellow&T5_Var4=J15689

3. one or two axle shaft
    4. Front bumper
    5. a pair Pristine forest green full door with power window
    6 Master brake for TJ
    7. Power Amp 200 watt
    8. Lots of old alum rims 15x8 and 15x10 with 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern (XJ, YJ and TJ)
    9 (May be on sale) OEM dark tan Hard top, some damage but no leaks

I prefer something stock to near stock because I will have to get it through Maryland state inspection (no suspension modifications allowed).

I didn't know Maryland will give you hard time for Jeep modifications. Do you have any specifics or it depends the individual State Inspection ??? :)

I am not very creative. :(.
    I named my vehicles TJ, XJ, BMW, Mini, Pacifica etc. LOL.

If it is a sailing vessel, I do name her properly I need to properly identify myself in the open water and in waterway. If I am driving my TJ down the highway, I don't need to identify myself with others for safe passage. :D

But feel free to name yours. :)

Yes, I believe they are WJ knuckles. The calibers are new OEM from the dealer. It was so long ago, I need to double check if you are interested.

My original intention was to replace my D30 (low pinion) for my 2000TJ and upgrade to HP with the big front brake, and 5.13 gearing. But time got the best of me, and never had a chance to switch over.

I have a HP Dana 30 (casing ONLY) from XJ, I believe. It is totally cleaned and painted already to install the inner. I also have a set of ZJ front dual-piston brake calibers and knuckles ready to install onto Dana 30.

Spend two Sundays to gut out the interior of the TJ, from carpet, seat to the whole dashboard. After 17 years, it was so filthy. Behind the dash, the dust from our Moab trips was cleanly visible (1/16" thick red dust). We hit sand storm twice in Moab.

Anyway, I hosed off as much as I can. The dash was badly damaged by the Sun over the years. I found a Rustoleum paint with a perfect color match, and got the dash repainted. Next Sunday, installed carpet and seat back. There is lot of work to bring the TJ back to life.

I just picked up the CJ from Mighty Muffler -- very pleased. It's not show-car quality (but neither is the Jeep!), but very, very solid, which is what I asked for. They worked with my existing cats, mufflers and one remaining tailpipe, got the mufflers up nice and high and everything routed cleanly. Recommended.

I checked out the Mighty Muffler web page. It looks like they are much more fancier than Bear Muffler. :D I am not sure if this translates to a high cost. I just need a "quiet" muffler and pipe that fit. A cool exhaust note in the Jeep does not do anything for me...LOL