3.8L jk engine

• My engine just went on my JK. Does anyone know an economical way to get another one? Most of the prices I'm seeing
    for a replacement 3.8 are running around 2000. If I had a money tree, I'd do a hemi swap, but unfortuanately I just
    need to get it back on the road as cheaply as possible. :doh:

"I mean, I've always been a libertarian. Leave everybody alone. Let everybody else do what they want. Just stay out of everybody else's hair." - Clint Eastwood -

• What happened to it? My wife's been contemplating a Wrangler Unlimited and I told her to stick to the 2012 and newer due to engine problems.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• What happened to it? My wife's been contemplating a Wrangler Unlimited and I told her to stick to the 2012 and newer due to engine problems.

Apparently it has burning oil internally and I didn't know it. 4 weeks ago, I got an oil light. I parked, let it cool down, checked the oil and it was 2 quarts low so
    I added 2 quarts. Then while driving to work this past friday the engine started knocking real bad and shut off. I had it towed to my friends shop where
    he was able to start it again, but it's still knocking really bad so I know I can't drive it. I'm sure if I do it'll throw a rod out the side of the block,
    or seize and then I will have just added 8-10 hrs labor to changing the engine. My friend said it was 4 quarts low. I had no idea it was using that much oil that
    fast.
    I wish there was some way of throwing one of the old 4.0 engines in, as they are alot cheaper and better engines anyways.

"I mean, I've always been a libertarian. Leave everybody alone. Let everybody else do what they want. Just stay out of everybody else's hair." - Clint Eastwood -

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!