No such thing as a stupid question, but...

• Is the carrier supposed to rotate/spin when the vehicle is in motion? I guess I never thought about it because every time I take the diff cover off, the carrier is in the same position as when I put it back on. :hmm:

The carrier is supposed to rotate like this, correct?

[youtube]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/youtube]

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• Is your axle still misbehaving?

Of course it is. I drove it about 200 miles and the fluid is silver again. This is after replacing the carrier with a brand new carrier and all new bearings. We also put in new shafts and u-joints. I wanted to have a look at it to make sure everything looks okay.

Thanks Spedly! :wavey:

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!