YJ Frame stretch

• What better way to spend one of the hottest days of the year but stretching Paul's Frame on his YJ to use reversed XJ springs. His rear frame was toast so we cut out about 4" of it and replaced that and extended it 3" with 2x4 1/4" box tube, then gussetted the hell out of it with 3/16th and 1/4 plate. We then made shackle hangers out of an old TJ control arm and used 3/16th to gusset it. Still need to install a fuel cell and order up a set of crusher corners but it is nearly done in about 8hrs of work. SOme pics...;.

• just a quick question

in the last 2 pics, where is the suspension in terms of travel?

it looks like the shackle may hit the frame at full extension, or am I not seeing something correctly?

Nice work tho

Pat

• IIRC He's planning on running boomerang shackles with it so the droop shouldn't be limited.

--Ian

• Like said above, the shackle looks like it is going to hit. Looks like even the boomerang shackles will hit. Did you gusset upper and lower weld on the frame or just the sides?

Bryan

• looks good. i have some boomorange shackles if your looking for some. i bought them new and never ended up using them.

• That would be special, at least to try them out. We have some pics of it flexed out and the shackles are close but they don't come close to touching. Worse comes to worse, we can cut the shackle mounts and lower them on the crossmember but I don't forsee that happening...

I too, am with stupid<br />87XJ&nbsp;(gone), 97 ZJ W 31&quot; MT&#039;s (gone), 04 TJ W 3&quot; procomp springs/ 33&quot; BFG&nbsp; MT&#039;S (gone)<br />87 YJ- SOA - 39.5 Swampers-111&quot; wheel base, 4 link front, Atlas, 14 bolt, Dana 60 and stuff

• if you want to try a pair to see if they work let me know. i will be at the beach monday and tuesday. i should be back tues about dinner time.

• These are some pics at full droop. The shackles do not hit, however I am going to go to the rockcrusher boomerang ones anyway and running the bend towards the front.

I too, am with stupid<br />87XJ&nbsp;(gone), 97 ZJ W 31&quot; MT&#039;s (gone), 04 TJ W 3&quot; procomp springs/ 33&quot; BFG&nbsp; MT&#039;S (gone)<br />87 YJ- SOA - 39.5 Swampers-111&quot; wheel base, 4 link front, Atlas, 14 bolt, Dana 60 and stuff

• Whats left now is:

New Front Springs
    Lengthen Drive-shaft
    Boomerang Shackles
    Summit Fuel Cell

Then when money permits

PSC Comp Corners
    PSC Tube Fenders

• I went with the full traction, 0 lift, heavy duty packs...I didn't want to go that much higher.

• did he move the front axle forward also?? I have seen the M.O.R.E. spring over perches that give you the ability to move the axle about an 1" forward.
    I was thinking of using them if i ever get around to doing my SOA.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!