mod reccomendations

• While I have my fenders off I'm thinking of cutting off the shock mounts
    and doing the ford shock tower modification.

What other mods can I do at this time.

• I went down and Ordered the ford shock
    towers today.
    I will need to make an adapter as the mount is diffrent on end of the shock rod.

• I always wondered that too. Are flat fenders street legal? :shrug:

I think they would require the blinker on the outside, but maybe if you did tube fenders, you could put it into the tube somehow.

• I would think as long as they cover the tire you could get away with it.

Not sure with the YJ, but the TJ's don't look to legal when all is said and done.

• as long as the lights that are required are still instsalled there legal. not sure about covering the tire

• I know it's summer but now that I have the fenders off
    I can get to the heater motor very easy.
    I'm thinking of doing the blower motor up grade.

any experance out there?

• No experience, but I know the upgrade motor is out of a chevy blazer, and you have to cut the hole out a little bit since the motor is a tad bit bigger.

• I did this mod and it was real easy i am not sure how the stock motor blows but mine puts out some serious amounts of air

• I did it on my 85 CJ7. I don't have any experience with doing it on a YJ, but it is one of the best mods. There is no comparison to the air flow with the new motor compared to the stock one. I also replaced my heater core (it had sprung a leak prompting the upgrade at the same time).

I did a writeup on the old site which I did not save (doh). A couple of tips would be removing the battery tray makes life easier, the last screw holding the heater assembly in is a PITA b/c it is right be hind the valve cover and there are two types of blower motors out there both will work but one will require some modification to make the hamster wheel fit.

Here is a link to some images from when I did the mod http://www.ece.udel.edu/~orr/images/cj7/blower-mod/

I don't know if this helps at all since this was a CJ so take it for what it is worth.

• I have been reding up on it
    looks likr all the info stops at 1990 yj's

I wonder if it will work on my 1995

On the good side I picked up my ford F350 shock towers :up:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!