Debate: Driving On The Beach W/O a Surf Tag

• Since i have my tag and equipment how does anyone know that Im not driving to a better fishing spot?

Or going back because you forgot to pick up bait. Or driving out to pick up a friend who just arrived in his Camaro and is waiting for you in the public parking lot. Or looking for another group of friends who are supposed to already be out there.

• Are you specifically going to the beach to wheel, never intending to fish and disregarding the rules of the beach as far as where to drive. You DO pay for a surf tag EVERY year though, AND have paid to renew your tag for this year, but you just go to drive around, right? Do you at least take the required equipment, or do you just not plan on getting stuck? Just curious.

• Yes I always go on with pole,shovel,board,rope,bait(sometimes).
    I go and fish sometimes but most times I surf. But when parked I always have my pole out.

• Are you in aggrement or just mocking me?

If the latter, they really have no way to prove it.

No total agreement. I'm not saying it's right to do if that's what you were getting at, I'm just saying you could come up with a lot of excuses for just rolling around out there as long as you're within the designated areas and have all the required gear. Just like if a cop ever questions me about why I have a firearm on the back seat of my truck. I was taking it to a friend's house because he's interested in buying it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!