slight hesitation taking off

• 97, TJ, 4.0, 5 spd... when taking off sometimes first and/or 2nd will hesitate and not really accelarate (it gets somewhat sputtery and i just cant feel the power i know it has), doesn't happen when im pushing the gas full throttle but i usually try to avoid running the crap out of it... i'd say it can happen anywhere between pushing the gas peddle anywhere between 20-70% and isnt consistent, it doesnt always happen, and also doesnt always happen in only first or only 2nd or always both, it varies.

oil and spark plugs, dist cap, etc were replaced about 500 miles ago, and have treated 2 seperat tanks of gas with fuel injector/fuel line/and any other fuel related jazz those things may help clean

just wondering what else i should check that could fix this problem

im glad i was well aware jeeps arent cheap before i got one or that gas guzzling #@$&&*^^&%$ would have me pretty frustrated after this past summer

• Change your fuel filter and check the fuel pressure. I'm thinking it may be a fuel pump.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!