DEJA Jeeps for Joy Benefit Run (Help Needed)

• Hey Everybody,

I talked to Bruce and Lynn at Rausch Creek and (with the help of Chris Hall) set up a date for the benefit run. Its going to be November 18th at Rausch Creek. This is all new to me so I will need as much help as possible in planning and pulling this event off. Rausch is going to donate $5 per vehicle back to the Toy Drive and also if we want to do a raffle that day, they'll throw in some trail passes, t-shirts and stickers. On top of that we can also make it so each vehicle attending has to bring a new unwrapped toy that day. It will be a great way to not only raise money but also get toys.

What I need is volunteers who can mark this on there calendar now and not plan anything else that day. (please don't offer to help if you can't show up)
    I need Trail Guides (for all levels), people willing to help sign people in and take there money, people willing to collect the toys. (I'll take up my enclosed trailer that day to ensure enough room to bring it all back home. Also I was thinking we may be able to set up a tent to cook hot dogs in and maybe do like a concession stand that day. (If that doesn't work, no sweat off my back) If we do we'll need help with that also. Lynn said if the club can't come up with enough guides for the day she'll contact the 4 Points Possi and the Search and Rescue crew from BMJA and see if they'll help. I'd like to see it all our club but I won't turn down help.

I also need a small core of people who can work with me and Chris in planning all of this and pulling it off. Its all new to me so I'm open for any ideas. I tried contacting Brian and Denise from BMJA about there's but they won't return my emails so I guess we'll have to do this all from scratch. Bruce (from Rausch) said he will also contact a few magazines and see if maybe we can get a write up done on it. He'll also advertise on all the local websites once we get a poster type add done. (Dr J said he'll help with that once we get some ideas)

Like I said any help is greatly appreciated and remember its all for the kids so lets pull this off BIG.

You can post your ideas here and also if your willing to help out. If we get enough intrest maybe we can make another forum for the event.

Thanks in advance for all your help and ideas.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

Edited once, last by Sully ().

• Unfourtantly due to my work schedule I won't be able to make that date, but if I can help before hand let me know. My wife does ad and design production so if we can help create promo materials let me know.

• it's on my calendar, let me know what I can do (except leading)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Thanks to those who posted thus far. We need lots more help so post up guys (and gals)

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• I don't think I've committed to anything on this date. I'm doing this run and helping out where ever I can.

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• Well, its official. Here's the link to RC event calendar

http://rauschcreekoffroadpark.…o&e=50&day=2006-11-18&c=1

This is what Bruce and Lynn emailed me as far as what they need us to do.

Lynn said. "I can take care of checking people in like I normally do. You'll need a couple people to handle talking to the drivers to figure out which trail group they want to be in. And someone to handle collecting the toys that people bring.

That Saturday the time to be off the trails would be at dusk which is probably later than 4 p.m., I'm guessing around 5 or so. I'll be camping that night, it's not like we slam the gate shut at a certain time.

If you expect a large turnout, and a good many people camping Friday night, I can open up the office for a few hours that evening to check-in the folks camping to alleviate some of the rush Saturday morning. I'll be working Friday, and can be at the park about 6:30 that evening to open the gate unless you have someone able to be there earlier to open up the gate. I imagine most folks will be working that day and driving up that night after work if they are camping.

I can also open up the office earlier, 7:30 for example. We did that recently for Camp Heep and other large events and it helps a lot."

And Bruce said "I would say have a few key guys outside at the office helping Lynn. Have people fill the forms out before they get in line. Have the groups up in the parking area staged so groups can line up tight and neat. Are you asking people ahead of time for what level of trail they are running.

I will be honest it would help to round up some club members who have done large event style rides. Lynn and I will help with direction. Let me know if you guys want to meet soon at the park to go over the basic stuff."

So have any of you guys been to these large events and have seen the way there ran. If so let me know and maybe I can call and talk to you about them so I understand them a little better. I may even go the the Paragon one on the first week of Nov and see how its run.

Let me know

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• Let me see if what we have so far is right. I'm just trying to fill in some blanks so if this doesn't work let me know.

Trail Guides

Blacks

Damutt
    Clendaniel

Blues

Jeep Sahara
    BBD
    Shorebird
    Omaha
    BlueJ

Greens

Joo
    UrbanCrawler
    Deadfeat

People who help sign others in, help with Raffle, Maybe run a concession stand

Whatevah
    Wolverine (Can guide whatever needed if I have time)
    Wanderlust
    Sully
    Naughty (If you want to guide let me know)

As you can see We'll still need more people so please, if you can help, sign up.
    If I don't hear from some more people in the next week or so I'll have Lynn contact the BMJA guys and see if any of them can help. I know we'll probably have more stocker groups then just two so if your willing to help out there let me know.

Thanks again
    Brian

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

Edited once, last by Wolverine ().

• my wife said she would help but she may have some issues with a possible surgery that may or may not happen she would have to be in a area that we could keep somewhat warm I can supply the heater but if soemone would have a tent or a tent like area that would help

• I can take my tent up but I'm afraid of the wind on top of that mountain. We'll see as the time gets closer.
    Thanks and I'll keep in touch

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• Hey Brian. I guess we want as many clubs as possible so is it OK to post this up on other sites? I'm also a member of L.O.S.T. Mid Atlantic and would be glad to send the invite, or is there a more official way of doing this. I've cooked hot dogs and burgers for a bunch of people so If we want to do this let me know.

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• Yeah I'm sure we'll invite everyone we know or can get the invitation too. We have to get somekind of poster made up first so as soon as we have that we'll get moving on it.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!