jeep exhaust upgrade

• Is there anyone in the DJA that has the Banks Monster exhaust cat back system ? If so how does it sound and are you happy with the results ?

If anyone else has a different brand or setup let me know, I am going to replace the exhaust on my Jeep soon.

........by the way its a 2003 TJ thanks

• sounds great...didnt notice any real gains other than some off the line torque. did i mention is sounds great
    (03 TJ, 4.0L)

• i have it on my 06 unlimited rubi. I dont like it. sounds good but i'd swear i lost power. I know i didnt gain a thing. If i had my way id put the old exhaust back on. but i cut it with the sawzall to get it out :) im gonna ad a k&N to see if it helps to open it up on that end to

• I have the banks monster cat-back. sounds great. noticed a little difference in the petal response but i also added the AEM intake at the same time. Not sure which one did the trick (or a combination of both)

• I have the Borla Cat back and Air raid intake. Def. a difference in throttle response and also sounds good. The only problem I had with the Borla is that the tip isn't turned down and the exhaust fumes were coming into the cab when I had the back window out or top down. I simply put on a turn down tip and it took care of the problem

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• I would highly suggest puting an intake or such on at the same time just so you can keep the same airflow through the engine. If you only open up one end (intake or exhaust) then you will not notice much of anything, but if you open up both then the sound will be much better and the throttle response and minor hp gain will be noticable...

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!