10/7 paragon monthly ride

• To the DEJA guys that were in our #2's group at the Paragon monthly ride this past Saturday, thanks -- was great to meet some other Jeepers from the shore. Hope we can hook up again sometime.

I took videos of almost everyone for the hill climb at the playground, will post links when I get the videos uploaded. If you have any pics that you would share, I would appreciate it. Dad didn't get the hang of my digital, so I didn't get much for photos.

Thanks,
    Israel

• No problem Iz, was great to meet you and your Dad. 1st trip to Paragon but I expected the L2 ride to be a bit more tame. However, the challenge was a pleasant surprise! I won't tell anyone about the wheel issue... ::)

And guys, the pictures don't do it justice. That CJ is teh hotness... ;D

• I won't tell anyone about the wheel issue... ::)

I'm not ashamed, yeah, I had an issue with my wheel. A higher power pushed me to skip the hill climb in favor of videoing my fellow trail partners so I didn't have the joy of loosing a back tire halfway up :o

The really scary part was that the other guy in my group that also trailered his rig almost lost one (or both) front wheels on his truck on I476 with some loose lugnuts (make that 8 per wheel on the dually). That's a 2-fer day on loose lugnuts problems -- what are the odds?

If it weren't for the carb problems on the rocks and the wheel issue at the end, it would have been a near perfect day on the trails. The "good bad and the ugly" trail was tiresome, challenging for those of us with limited experience, but left a good feeling of accomplishment :tup:

Did you get any pics that you wouldn't mind sharing?
    Iz

• I will soon have pics and video and will post the link as. I really liked that new trail that wasn't even on the map yet. The one with the hill climb and where our guide buried his Jeep. ;D

• Yeah, Bill did have his rig in a bad spot ;D Have to give him credit for blindly going on the new unmarked/unrated trail though. Dad had fun helping him get out of it. I was intimidated by several of the trails we went on, especially the vertical trail we went up before Bill's attempt at the unmarked trail (the narrow one that had the 2 tree stumps half way up).

Poor pops took a beating, first time ever being anywhere near some real trails, but he says he had a blast and can't wait to go back. I think the cool temps got the best of him, being stiff already, then getting tossed around riding shotgun in "Bubba", he is still feeling it.

Let me know about pics, I'm uploading the hill climb videos now

• Just for the record, i was there with Iz in the red tj and i was the poor fool who almost lost the front wheels on the dually. Not a good day for lug nuts. ;D

• You guys/girls were in the group lead by the Bronco 2, we seen you up there and let you pass us on one of the trails. nice to see everyone wave to each other.

just in case you remeber, I was the black XJ with the large spare on the roof.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!