York OBA Progress Pics (Update 9/6)

• After waiting 3 months, I finally got the tank from Kilby. I mounted it and my manifold and got the plumbing between the two finished up. All that's left is to run some hose to the ends of the Jeep and a little wiring.

I removed the shelf where the ABS controller would sit if equipped and mounted the manifold there.

Coalescing filter, 1/2" check valve and 160 psi liquid filled gauge.

I mounted the cutoff switch remotely because of it's size. It also allowed me to get it as high as possible.

I went with the 2.5 gallon version. I still need the drain cock.

• Looks great Keith! I really like how clean the installation is under the hood. I like the idea of removing the ABS tray. I like how the fittings are big and strong (1/2" and galvanized fittings).

Quick question.... is that the Kilby oil filter and if so is the drain a metal fitting?

-Chris

• Quote from "JeepSahara"

Looks great Keith! I really like how clean the installation is under the hood. I like the idea of removing the ABS tray. I like how the fittings are big and strong (1/2" and galvanized fittings).

Man it's tight in there.

Actually the fittings are all S/S.

Quick question.... is that the Kilby oil filter and if so is the drain a metal fitting?

No it's not from Kilby. It's got a metal bowl, but I believe the actual fitting is plastic or maybe nylon.

• Quote from "04Rubicon-PA"

Very nice job- any pics of the compressor fit?

It's tough to get a good pic because most of the compressor is buried and sits atop the bracket.

I will just say that the Kilby bracket for the 2000+ TJ's is great. Well worth the money he wants for it.

Here's the bracket:

• What was your total cost roughly? I've been debating this for a while now and just wondering about the cost. That kind of helps place it on my priority list.
    Thanks for the info.
    Brian

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Quote from "BDLSTOY"

What was your total cost roughly? I've been debating this for a while now and just wondering about the cost. That kind of helps place it on my priority list.
    Thanks for the info.
    Brian

DITTO! I was thinking that question the whole thread! That's a very nice looking install too. nice work Keith! You've just put yourself on everyone's "to call" list when mod time rolls around.... :tup:

• Realistically, I'd figure an average of $500 for a TJ.

I started collecting parts over a year ago so it spread the cost out.

Quote from "BDLSTOY"

What was your total cost roughly? I've been debating this for a while now and just wondering about the cost. That kind of helps place it on my priority list.
    Thanks for the info.
    Brian

• $500 sounds about right to me. But that also depends on how much you get used, out of a junkyard, and new. Also just b/c you are going to be getting something out of a junkyard doesn't mean its going to be all around cheaper. You have to count the amount of time it takes you to find/yank out/ and pull the part(s).

The cost may sounds outragous, but from my own experience, it is quite possibly the best modification I have completed. Also it is a mod that you personalize and is not the same on any other Jeep.

-Chris

• I haven't itemized and probably won't, somethings better off not known. :doh:

But it's definately worth the cost to me.

And I agree, no two installs are the same, and there many right ways to do it.

The only junkyard part I used was the compressor for $40.

The clutch/pulley is hard to find for the serp. belt and the bearings eventually go dry and if that happens the motor ain't gonna run, so I bought a new one on ebay for $60 (got lucky).

The tank came from Kilby as well as some fittings, the switch, the relief valve, quick-connects, hose, etc. He's a little higher but has it all.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!