thump sound...

• ok here is the problem. I got a 05 Rubicon, when i get on the skinney pedal had in first gear i get this thump sound as if soundthing is hitting the tub. i checked all the engine and tranny mounts. it make that same sound every once and awhile at idle. ???? :shrug:

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• is it almost like a backfire right under the floor board on drivers side? almost like you feel it on you feet? and it happens when your getting on skinny bout to shift but at higher rpms?

• no its defiantly not backfire. its mechanical. yea i feel its around my feet. its more around like in between the seats

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• i get the same in mine too which is an 04.....mine happens typically when i'm in 5th gear going bought 65 and then i down shift to 4th to pass someone and it happens as soon as i get it to 4th and let the clutch out....

• i still got my powertrain warrenty ill prolly take it there and have them look at it. its worth a shot at least. its free for crying out loud. :rollsmile:

• OME 2in. with Nth Degree Tummy Tuck. why would it do it at idle?

• its every time when i dump it in 1st and once and awhile at idle like its only did it once or twice.

• bring it too the meeting sunday night and have four guys standing by each wheel when you start it up and put it in 1st. they can isolate the noise better from outside. .................if it was me it sounds more like a u-joint.

• thanks. ill do that. (if im back) i have to fly out tomarrow morning. hopefully ill be back before sunday. i tried it again today. its not the case handle. its a repeditive thump not just one like i would think i u joint would make.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!